PDA

View Full Version : Chinaboy in Hong Kong reporting (ep3 situation and toys!)

Chinaboy
07-06-2004, 11:36 AM
hey all, if most of you are in the californian thread, you know im in Hong Kong... I've been here for about a month and a half to visit family and to get some JDM stuff for my car... but low and behold

Honda of Hong Kong ltd, has not registered to have the EP3 in Hong Kong... so there are not alot of EP3s running around. Good thing in HK is there is no law in importing cars... so Ive seen ONE imported and two super ep3s... one spoon mockup, and one mugen mockup here in Hong Kong.

The spoon and the mugen are used for track racing in Macau... you know those wall paper picutures you have seen on the net, with ep3 running that is from Macau those are these cars... but... stupid me didn't bring a camera last trip.. I will go back there to get stuff so I will take pictures!

The stock Type R I saw was in Mong Kok.. for those who don't know or have not been there, Mong Kok is a city/ provience in Hong Kong... electronic gadgets, hobbyshops, night life, what not all in one city... but there is a Street that fixes up cars... JDM spec and so so... they were installing an Alarm on it, but it was all stock, but it looked so good.

But Honda wize... they do got the older brother the Honda Stream... which is a five door hatch, that looks close in essemblence to the EP3, and the baby sister the Honda Jazz... the Jazz is cute, looks cool when fixed up.

They don't got my TSX over here either... but they do have the last edition of the Honda Accord Euro Rs here the CL4.

Many Honda NSX's and GTRs here, not to mention the Subaru H22B WRX STI and type C's... and EVO all generation flying around.

parts wise, here in Hong Kong, the prices are about a 200 drop than most in areas of exhaust and full suspension kits, seems that cusco is doing something for the ep3 too... so in the future we will see, according to the sales rep at the store i was in. There are no such thing as rotas... and everyone has a damn advan triangle on the fender... but they really do sport AO32R on their feet.... it sorta scary... Bridgestone S0-3 are shit tires here, almost everyone that have a "JDM car" has them as daily stock tires... there are some advan tires ive not even seen in my life in the states.

Toys... I know alot of you guys collect JDM toys... I for one HATE those hot wheel 2rice2curious models that we can pick up at walmart for 20 dollars here in the states. If you remember I build the dc5 and ep3 type R a while back... well there are alot of model EP3 from Fujimi if you guys want to know. And here in HK they love those penny racers from Japan... they are called ChoroQ... someone back in the day said they bought one from ebay which is a spoon version. Whoever that is keep it in the case and don't fling it around.. .that "SPOON EP3" edition is limited... and now in HK if you do not have 300-400HKD... which is like 45USD, do not expect to even get ur hands on it... but here is the harder part... you need to find the sucker... I been in every toy/hobby store here and there are NONE that you can get... however I juss won one on Ebay for 26 dollars =D hahha it is great! Also I pick up a limited edition choroQ Type R set, that has the Dc5, Ep3, and new NSX type R in the real championship white paint job, cost me 22 dollars for the set.

I will post more as I go here in HK so there is my EP3 report! I hope to see you all soon, I will come back home on the 15th of this month.

STP03BlueSI
07-06-2004, 12:09 PM
!Toys... I know alot of you guys collect JDM toys... I for one HATE those hot wheel 2rice2curious models that we can pick up at walmart for 20 dollars here in the states. If you remember I build the dc5 and ep3 type R a while back... well there are alot of model EP3 from Fujimi if you guys want to know. And here in HK they love those penny racers from Japan... they are called ChoroQ... someone back in the day said they bought one from ebay which is a spoon version. Whoever that is keep it in the case and don't fling it around.. .that "SPOON EP3" edition is limited... and now in HK if you do not have 300-400HKD... which is like 45USD, do not expect to even get ur hands on it... but here is the harder part... you need to find the sucker... I been in every toy/hobby store here and there are NONE that you can get... however I juss won one on Ebay for 26 dollars =D hahha it is great! Also I pick up a limited edition choroQ Type R set, that has the Dc5, Ep3, and new NSX type R in the real championship white paint job, cost me 22 dollars for the set.

You mean this SPoon ChoroQ?
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDU4OTY1NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg :m:

SubliminalSi
07-06-2004, 12:21 PM
oh shit, your not suppose to take it out of the package!!, you fool!!!

Chinaboy
yes it is so beautiful... my mom said mine juss came in the mail... I cannot wait till I get to see mine!!! WOOOOOHOOOOO

raiyo
u didnt even bother to pick up a lighter for me in HK huh? damn u dude.

Chinaboy
07-06-2004, 12:28 PM
raiyo juss cuz ur a good friend in a way, I will pick u up something when I come back... you better be good to me man

raiyo
07-06-2004, 12:31 PM
raiyo juss cuz ur a good friend in a way, I will pick u up something when I come back... you better be good to me man

hehe, thx. what? you're still there? thought you're back, heheh. dont bother dropping it off at the shop. It'll disappear before it goes to my hand. My "new" brother in-law went back and didn't pick one up for me.

I'll be nice to u. If your spoiler still isn't painted, I'll help sand it, heheh. I highly doubt its painted yet :winkm:

Chinaboy
07-06-2004, 12:43 PM
hehe, thx. what? you're still there? thought you're back, heheh. dont bother dropping it off at the shop. It'll disappear before it goes to my hand. My "new" brother in-law went back and didn't pick one up for me.

I'll be nice to u. If your spoiler still isn't painted, I'll help sand it, heheh. I highly doubt its painted yet :winkm:

Don't worry I will hand you a brand new ChoroQ EP3 when I see you at the meet... and btw the wing is already on my car... my brother did the installs... I got it back 2 days later after your PM saying you saw it at the shop. I still need to hand polish the sucker when I get home tho... so i need a high speed buffer to do so...

I dropped off the spoiler on 24/5/2004... so when you PMed me I had the spoiler painted the day I guess.

I will be back in the states on the 15th. We need to kick it sometime out of ephatch meets or at the shop, call me up when I get back. i will PM u for your number and shit... maybe your girlfriend can meet mine, we talk about cars... they play with your puppie... btw he is big now yes?

raiyo
07-06-2004, 12:47 PM
Don't worry I will hand you a brand new ChoroQ EP3 when I see you at the meet... and btw the wing is already on my car... my brother did the installs... I got it back 2 days later after your PM saying you saw it at the shop. I still need to hand polish the sucker when I get home tho... so i need a high speed buffer to do so...

I dropped off the spoiler on 24/5/2004... so when you PMed me I had the spoiler painted the day I guess.

I will be back in the states on the 15th. We need to kick it sometime out of ephatch meets or at the shop, call me up when I get back. i will PM u for your number and shit... maybe your girlfriend can meet mine, we talk about cars... they play with your puppie... btw he is big now yes?

thx, but no thx if it is a white ChoroQ EP3. Already picked one up from J-Town long ago. Damn... the spoiler has been painted already? That was quick. How much that fool charged u? Better not be cheaper than me, heheh.

Princess had another litter like 5 week ago or so. Huh? my dog? he's getting big, 7 months old and 75 lbs. Bigger than Bully.

This conversation is getting toooo off topic. Lets move it to PM if u wanna chat.

STP03BlueSI
07-06-2004, 01:07 PM
oh shit, your not suppose to take it out of the package!!, you fool!!!

What I like to play with my toys :m: ..Why keep them in the package.

DavidT
07-06-2004, 10:24 PM
Get back asap so we can all go to the meet!! And bring me something too, I'll give you a ride in my EP with a lot of CTR/ITR parts (Faster than most DC5-S's) ;) :D I've always wanted to go to China (Mom is half Chinese) but no $$$ :(

BunnyBunBun
07-07-2004, 01:18 AM
Hey i am going to hong kong too! Too bad you'll be back before i leave. I am going there on Aug 3 for about 2 weeks. It would be cool if we can meet there :cool:

Mugen Power
07-07-2004, 09:52 AM
Word, I didn't see any EPs when I was there last November BUT I did see the ones that raced in Macau being tuned... I was there right when they were having the 50th Anniversary of Macau races. :D

Mwing
07-07-2004, 02:28 PM
I am going back to HK in X'mas, tell me where I can find some goodies for our car, the place like Kowloon City or any good car audio shop?

I enjoy buying stuff without having to pay tax, hehe.

Thanks.

Chinaboy
07-07-2004, 11:07 PM
he only place we can get GOOD stuff for our cars is all the way out in YUEN LONG, in the new territories. It is called GT shop. But I do not know how to read chinese... so i will try to find out... or goto the google site and try to search it.

Audiowize.... hong kong audio is not good so juss buy it at home in the states.

Mwing
07-08-2004, 02:02 AM
Oh yeah Kam Tin should have some good shops since you just reminded me.

How much is the Mugen Grill in HK genuine or copied one?

Stupendous Man
07-08-2004, 05:47 PM
I also wanna know if you can find Genuine Mugen Grills there for cheap :) . If you can bring one back i'll gladly reimburse ya for it + give you a nice finder's fee :smilem:

Mugen Power
07-09-2004, 04:32 AM
Man, all this talk of car parts in HK makes me wish I got something but I didn't have the time to look for them or the space to bring any of it back. :sadm:

Chinaboy
07-09-2004, 01:23 PM
hey all....

new update... I met a very very cool person yesterday. His name is Osmund Cheng... he is the owner of three of 7 (known) EP3 in Hong Kong. The Mugen Car is HIS in Hong Kong, you know all those pictures we've seen on the net, it is his car. Also the owner of that EP3 I saw on the street in the first post. So he told me everything I really need to know about the Ep3's tuning here in HK.. as a type R that is.

He is one of the owners of the GP shop chains in Hong Kong, I went to the one in Mong Kok.. for all you guys, its on HAK PO Street. In Mong Kok... the GP store is a chain store that carry over 40 tuning companies parts. They are the "MUGEN" retailer here in HK as well as SPOON.

Here are some parts that I asked about

Spoon Springs 270 USD compared to 335 average in States
Spoon exhausts and B-pipes knock about 80 dollars off of all products
Mugen FULL adjustable Coilover used 3000 USD
Advan RG 17x7 set of 4 rims 1400USD
Cusco tower strutbar 130USD
Spoon tower stutbar 135USD

These prices are good, he is flexable. compared to states the prices are cheaper... he works with alot of over sears... I will get his email to u guys and you can work something out with the man if you like.

I bought a Spoon Titainum shift knob from them for 90 US, not bad for a new products and as an accessory, it won't be that much cheaper across the board.

The people are well informed over here and I trust his man... if we could only get him to be over vender on ephatch it would be rockin!

Chinaboy
07-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Also have anyone heard of a JDM suspension company called ESPLIER? I think that is what it is called.. he also recommended thoes springs over SPOON or TIEN for the EP3,

raiyo
07-09-2004, 02:30 PM
ChinaBoy, check PM

Chinaboy
07-09-2004, 02:42 PM
gotcha, i will call tomolo... I will try my best to pick it up for you. If not i got buddies that i can pull strings to get it back...

one more thing... this is odd but here I go

The guy told me that shipping one item is the same shipping for 10 items because it comes in a container to SF airport. Now if there are things we all want, we can schedule a group buy kinda thing.... now here is the hard part...

1. HE IS NOT A VENDOR...
2. I Don't want to be the middle man to take orders and handle peoples cash, (i think/hope everyone knows me... I am honest.. but money and problems occuring don't mix)
3. Tranfer to his HSBC acct only... HE don't take PAYPAL...

Just to clarify... I do have a HSBC account in Oakland California... and I can directly transfer the amount over to him for parts... the only fee I have to pay is 3% for the currency exchange... but if we can get enough people with parts... I can work something out... but as I said... im scared to handle cash and be the middle man. BUT THIS GUY IS HOOD RICH...

I guess the only solution is for me to convince him to goto EPHATCH and become a vender... but the problem is he is overseas... PAX i hope you are reading... can you help us out in thinking of a solution to this?

Shipping is 1200HKD... so that is about "200USD" a truck load of stuff is still 200 to ship in a container... NOW problem lies here HOW CAN WE GET BUYERS? And Number two WE NEED TO PICK IT UP FROM THE AIRPORT. THAT IS AS FAR AS THE FRIGHTING COMPANY WILL SHIP TO.

So we got a BIG CHANCE with ALOT OF PROBLEMS... lets try to work something out?

raiyo
07-09-2004, 02:59 PM
oh... and ChinaBoy, if the big item becomes a problem, just get me the small one. Man, I want to go to HK to pick up some goods. To bad I dont like the heat and my friends just went not long ago,.