PDA

View Full Version : question about high-flow cats

Scatman
07-06-2004, 06:37 PM
i was thinkin about getting the random tech hi-flow cat with my header/b pipe combo. do these work with emissions (have spots for sensors) or will i have to remove for my emissions test?......will i incur any problems what so ever with emissions is what im basically asking if i install this part. thanks in advance

anjapower
07-06-2004, 07:09 PM
i was thinkin about getting the random tech hi-flow cat with my header/b pipe combo. do these work with emissions (have spots for sensors) or will i have to remove for my emissions test?......will i incur any problems what so ever with emissions is what im basically asking if i install this part. thanks in advance

you will be emissions legal...however, i've heard of way too many cases where the hiflow cat still throws CELs, and hiflow cats going bad in a year or two. On the other hand, I do know some people personally that are having no problems with their hiflow cats.

Scatman
07-06-2004, 07:34 PM
hmm, thanx for the info....maybe id be better off just going with the dc header/ t1r b pipe combo for now. i dont need any headaches with sensors, but ill call a couple places tomorrow and double check that....by the way, anyone know how big 60mm is...i was thinkin 2.25 in but i could be wrong (im pretty sure thats the diameter of the t1r)

BlackBullet
07-07-2004, 04:34 PM
you will be emissions legal...however, i've heard of way too many cases where the hiflow cat still throws CELs, and hiflow cats going bad in a year or two.

Oh great. Just when I thought I knew what parts I was going to go for next...
Sounds like, if you try modifying your car no matter what route that may be, nothing will work exactly. Seems all the different routes have some little "nasty" about them.

Is there any mod combos out there that you can install and forget? Or am I just being a sissy? :D

MCeez02Si
07-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Lazy me asks: if purchasing a high-flow cat/test pipe, what length do I look for? 15" or 13". Thanks in advance.