PDA

View Full Version : What do it mean?

3rdhatch
11-01-2002, 07:22 AM
I just passed the 8k mark on the odometer and now everytime I crank up my car the maintenence light flashes at me. What does this mean? Is it just reminding me to go to the dealer for a checkup or something?

DownTheHatch
11-01-2002, 07:24 AM
Yes that means take your car in for its scheduled maintenance. I think it's supposed to be at 10k, but yea you should take it in.

Cone Killer
11-01-2002, 07:34 AM
Originally posted by DownTheHatch
Yes that means take your car in for its scheduled maintenance. I think it's supposed to be at 10k, but yea you should take it in.

I wouldn't take it in. Mine did that after 5k from my last oil change. I waited a few more thousand, changed the oil and then reset the light.

atl-si
11-01-2002, 07:44 AM
Originally posted by Cone Killer

I wouldn't take it in. Mine did that after 5k from my last oil change. I waited a few more thousand, changed the oil and then reset the light.
I get that too. How do you reset? I used own an Accord and I would press in the slot with the key and that would reset it.

grooveline
11-01-2002, 09:37 AM
Look in the owners manual. They have a method where you push and hold the odometer button while turning on your car...

jaydub
11-01-2002, 09:46 AM
Doesn't anyone read their owners manual?

AkronSi
11-01-2002, 11:15 AM
It's just to warn you that you are getting close to your maintenance interval. I think it stays lit up all the time once you reach 9000. I should click over in the next week or so.

Don't worry about it, it's easy to reset if it's driving you crazy.

xlr8
11-01-2002, 03:12 PM
Originally posted by 3rdhatch
I just passed the 8k mark on the odometer and now everytime I crank up my car the maintenence light flashes at me. What does this mean? Is it just reminding me to go to the dealer for a checkup or something?
it means you need a brake service. i think its called a minor. all it realy involves is cleaning and lubricating a few parts of your brake system. ill have my friend give me a better discription when he gets online today. he works at a dealership and does them all the time

DownTheHatch
11-01-2002, 03:26 PM
Looks like everyone has a different opinion...

jaydub
11-01-2002, 03:38 PM
Maintenance Required Indicator
This indicator reminds you that it is time to take your car in for scheduled maintenance.

Refer to the Maintenance Schedules for Normal and Severe Driving Conditions on pages 158 and 160.

For the first 8,00 miles (12,800 km) after the Maintenance Required Indicator is reset, it will come on for two seconds when yuou turn the ignition switch ON (II).

Between 8,000 miles (12,800 km) and 10,000 miles (16,000km) this indicator will light for two seconds when you first turn the ignition switch ON (II), then flash for ten seconds.

If you exceed 10,000 miles (16,000km) without having the scheduled maintenance performed, this indicator will remain on as a constant reminder. Your dealer will reset this indicator after completing the scheduled maintenance.

RTFM.