PDA

View Full Version : Tornactive 5% off and no shipping on these Rotas? GOod deal?

TezGari
11-01-2002, 07:53 AM
Well tornactive.com is giving 5% off to ephatch.com members and i saw these rims:

"Rota's ultra-light weight wheel. 15 Inch wheel weighs 13.5 pounds , 17 Inch wheel weighs 15.5 pounds. The Volk Gram light Replica - Lighter then the real thing! Being JWL, ISO, and Japanese spec, VIA Certified these wheels withstand the harshest conditions. Available in a wide array of colors"

I want to get the 17'' rims, thier only 15.5 pds in bronze. How would they look on a white ep?

With my zip code (No shipping charges on the wheel) and the 5% off the total i pay is:

Attack
Pattern: 4x100
Color: Bronze
Size: 17" $539.00 $539.00
Remove EP-Hatch Member Discount 1 -$26.95 Remove
Total: 1 $512.05 Empty Cart

$512.05 total! Good deal? You guys like Rotas? I heard they where for rice boys or something....I dunno. I just want new rims and this sounds like a good deal, what do you guys think?

Cone Killer
11-01-2002, 08:10 AM
IMHO....bronz, black, brown...whatever dark color you like, looks gay on any car. You can't even see the wheels in 99% of the pictures and it makes you look like you have steelies on.

motomoron
11-01-2002, 08:12 AM
I ordered a set of Rota subzeros from Tornactive the same time I was ordering my Konis, as they would price match a competitor who offered the wheels at a lower price. The up side? got 4 konis and a set of wheels for $1100. Down side? it took many phone calls to get the wheels sent by Revolution who has the wheels shipped from Rota for Tornactive (??!!). Finally I was able to get tracking numbers from revolution, for the 3 wheels they sent, and I've been calling all over the US to get a 4th wheel from anywhere. Cosmic, who deal Rota in the US have been very helpful, going as far as stating that they'd have a single piece painted gunmetal and shipped in the next container, since none were expected otherwise until December. But from tornactive, but only if you can confirm that your parts are actually on a shelf somewhere.

B18CXr
11-03-2002, 08:29 PM
flat black steeles are cool.

nice pic cone, BTW

Cone Killer
11-03-2002, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by B18CXr
flat black steeles are cool.

nice pic cone, BTW

Thanks...I took it myself.