PDA

View Full Version : Help! Need help buying from another ephatcher

SF-SI-02
07-06-2004, 10:49 PM
I am trying to buy a used JRSC from a fellow ephatcher. He has 4 posts and appears to be banned... will not accept paypal, nor cod, and will not ship without payment in hand... anyone have any ideas or suggestons as to how I can get this to work without taking excesive risks? Anyone in palm beach (with references) willing to pick up the blower and mail it to me? It seems ebay will only insure upto $200, I am paying a lot more than that....

THANKS!

serialdriller
07-06-2004, 11:08 PM
buy from someone else! :) thats all i would recommend if they wont co-operate especially on an expensive item! :)

oogy-boogy
07-07-2004, 06:50 AM
buy from someone else! :) thats all i would recommend if they wont co-operate especially on an expensive item! :)

Like stated above - You're playing with fire and setting yourself up for failure. You have just about every "fraud" warning sign known to man listed in your first post.....

I'd look elsewhere........

fsugatorbait
07-07-2004, 07:39 AM
If you send the guy money with those requests, frankly your an idiot. Please save yourself the problems and spend a little more and get it from someone else. This is coming from somone who is in the process of a long drawn out transaction from somone on here. Its a major PITA; be careful man.

SF-SI-02
07-07-2004, 08:21 AM
If someone else had put up my post I would have said "you're an idiot to do it"... funny how when it happens to you, you think it may be different... thanks for bringing me back to my senses!

PAPITUYO326
07-07-2004, 10:02 AM
I Live in florida...id check it out for ya if ya want?
not gonna drive a hour tho lol have him come to the meet on saturday in ft lauderdale

chartinael
07-07-2004, 10:15 AM
If someone else had put up my post I would have said "you're an idiot to do it"... funny how when it happens to you, you think it may be different... thanks for bringing me back to my senses!

Thank goodness. The bad scammers, however, are the ones who are very communicative and appearingly helpful until they have the payment. Then to be never heard of again... as for instance WidebodyEP3.

Kristin

HondaMan
07-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Thank goodness. The bad scammers, however, are the ones who are very communicative and appearingly helpful until they have the payment. Then to be never heard of again... as for instance WidebodyEP3.

Kristin

I don't think that holds much water. I'm very communicative and helpful and always follow through on the wares I sale here. Your one bad experience doesn't mean everybody is like that. Besides, we have or will have more safe guards in place to prevent this type of stuff from happening and also remember to look at the positive feedback thread in the Classifieds forum for good people to deal with and pay attention to their post count.

Peking
07-07-2004, 11:07 AM
Besides, we have or will have more safe guards in place to prevent this type of stuff from happening and also remember to look at the positive feedback thread in the Classifieds forum for good people to deal with and pay attention to their post count.

Agreed, but what can we really do to help insure good transactions? The positive feedback thread is excellent to help with knowing who is good to deal with. Post count should be a factor, though I have dealt with members who had less than 100 posts with no issues. So feedback and good communications along with payment safegaurds are the best choices.

SF-SI-02
07-07-2004, 11:11 AM
PAPITUYO326 thanks for the offer... but come to think of it, what would that entail... i.e. should I send you a cashiers check to give to the seller and on top of that some cash to (a) ship the supercharger and (b) pay you for your efforts? Can anyone vouch for PAPITUYO326 (given your # of posts, I would assume a ton of folks can)...

Peking
07-07-2004, 11:16 AM
PAPITUYO326 thanks for the offer... but come to think of it, what would that entail... i.e. should I send you a cashiers check to give to the seller and on top of that some cash to (a) ship the supercharger and (b) pay you for your efforts? Can anyone vouch for PAPITUYO326 (given your # of posts, I would assume a ton of folks can)...

I like Papituyo LOL, and I know some folks who live in Florida :winkm:

oogy-boogy
07-07-2004, 11:21 AM
But on another note....

If they're that shady how do you know the charger is running well or even operable? You don't even know if it's the newer model and not the old one with all the problems...

Too many variables IMO... :sadm:

Just so you know I have some shares of the Brooklyn Bridge I'd like to offer you at a discounted rate...... :winkm:

SF-SI-02
07-07-2004, 11:35 AM
Seller will send pictures... what should I look for in the pics (I'll probably post) and in addition, if it not a "newer one" can't I just call JR and ask and if it is old then they would gladly mail me a new one right...?

Oogy Please pm me about those shares, they would go well with the land I bought on mars last month!

chartinael
07-07-2004, 11:35 AM
I don't think that holds much water. I'm very communicative and helpful and always follow through on the wares I sale here. Your one bad experience doesn't mean everybody is like that. Besides, we have or will have more safe guards in place to prevent this type of stuff from happening and also remember to look at the positive feedback thread in the Classifieds forum for good people to deal with and pay attention to their post count.

As I said, these are the scammers one easily falls for: They APPEAR helpful and ARE communicative in the beginning until one sends them the money. Then they grow cold. That makes them hard to separate from the ones that have scammer written all over. I didn't mean that being nice and helpful was a distinguishing mark --- cause it aint. The good scammers are the ones you can't tell they scam you until it's too late.

This - btw - has got nothing to do with my transaction experience on ephatch.

Kristin

oogy-boogy
07-07-2004, 12:36 PM
Seller will send pictures... what should I look for in the pics (I'll probably post) and in addition, if it not a "newer one" can't I just call JR and ask and if it is old then they would gladly mail me a new one right...?

Oogy Please pm me about those shares, they would go well with the land I bought on mars last month!

If you can get the serial number you'll be able to call JR and find out if it's the updated version.

Mars....nice. I picked up some land on Pluto and it perked. Interested? ;)

HondaMan
07-07-2004, 05:06 PM
As I said, these are the scammers one easily falls for: They APPEAR helpful and ARE communicative in the beginning until one sends them the money. Then they grow cold. That makes them hard to separate from the ones that have scammer written all over. I didn't mean that being nice and helpful was a distinguishing mark --- cause it aint. The good scammers are the ones you can't tell they scam you until it's too late.

This - btw - has got nothing to do with my transaction experience on ephatch.

Kristin

OK...I see you are an expert in what a scammer does or doesn't do, and your transaction gone bad here has nothing to do with your so-called expertise in identify a scammer? Yeah, right! Maybe you are just gullible?

fsugatorbait
07-07-2004, 06:44 PM
JP, Kristin is one of the nicest and easiest persons that ive had the pleasure to deal with and that includes you. Just because she's had the bad luck of being scammed in the past doesnt give anyone the right who hasnt been to try and say who is or isnt right, she is just speaking from experience as im sure you would be if it happened to you.

HondaMan
07-07-2004, 08:40 PM
JP, Kristin is one of the nicest and easiest persons that ive had the pleasure to deal with and that includes you. Just because she's had the bad luck of being scammed in the past doesnt give anyone the right who hasnt been to try and say who is or isnt right, she is just speaking from experience as im sure you would be if it happened to you.

OK, thanks...that's cool!

...she is just speaking from experience as im sure you would be if it happened to you.

That is what I'm pointing out there but I guess what I wrote can be misconstrued.

chartinael
07-08-2004, 02:19 AM

Thank you :angel: ... I try to be as I would expect others to be.

Kristin
packing daughter in the car today leaving for the Baltic.

HondaMan
07-08-2004, 04:00 AM
Thank you :angel: ... I try to be as I would expect others to be.

Kristin
packing daughter in the car today leaving for the Baltic.

Have a fun & safe road trip! :)