PDA

View Full Version : EP: under construction--boo!! But some new stuff too

chet
07-06-2004, 11:06 PM
First, I hit a pothole a while back had to replace a tire, slightly bent one of the buddyclub wheels I had just put on (not bad enough to worry about replacing. When I hit, I hit hard. You could feel metal meeting metal and it sounded horrible. I truly though something was wrong, but the car drove okay--no wobbling, no noise. . .But at the Gingerman Event, things got worse. After a few guys took a look, they came to the conclusion that I had probably bent or busted the shock within the coilover. So, as you see below, it has been shipped to KW (US Division) in Washington state. http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wNDY0NzQ3NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

What makes it worse, I paid like $50 bucks to get the coilover there in two days, then when I called, Glen didn't even know if it had arrived. I eventually found out that it sat in the loading dock for two days, with no work being done to it. That pissed me off, but what can you do. I plan on giving him until Thursday before I call him back. Hopefully he'll have good news for me.

2nd, K-Phreakin-Pro!! What else can I say, except for, "I can't wait."
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wNDY0NzQ4NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

And lastly, I purchased the CF Mugen replica grill. Not happy with it yet. I just don't think there's an easy way to say this. . .It doesn't fit right. I don't know what my options are yet. I tried dbl sided tape and a layer of truck camper foam, not working. Still undecided on whether or not I'll keep it.
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wNDY0NzQ5NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

chet
07-06-2004, 11:08 PM
Forgot to add that the tie rod may be screwed up as well or instead of the coilover. Find out soon enough

Brettnyt
07-06-2004, 11:15 PM
So, as you see below, it has been shipped to KW (US Division) in Washington state.

WOOHOO! WA STATE REPRESENT! what WHAT! sorry to hear about the damage, but sounds like with the k-pro and all you have good things comin your way.

johnkimble
07-06-2004, 11:18 PM
man that grill looks like shit. take that pos back :(

chet
07-06-2004, 11:27 PM
man that grill looks like shit. take that pos back :(

Yeah that's what I'm saying. . .I'd like to figure out a way to get it to fit. . .it seems that just about everyone who's purchased this grill is having the same problem.

ANd Brett, definitely good things on the way, but the phucking waiting is the hardest part. I hope not to miss next weekends auto-x event.

NuG
07-06-2004, 11:37 PM
I met an Ep'er with the grill last week and it fit fine. Does yours not have the holes drilled on top for the clips?

STP03BlueSI
07-07-2004, 06:29 AM
I LOVE YOUR BUDDY CLUB HOOD! :m: :tongue: :angelm:

oogy-boogy
07-07-2004, 06:37 AM
I have the actual Mugen grill (not the replica) and it still fits like poo IMO. The JDM upper bumper must be a little different in shape and size. It's difficult to close the hood without slamming it and the lip hangs off a little. I'm thinking of eventually having it molded in.

fsugatorbait
07-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Yeah my CF grill doesnt fit exact either, its close and fits better than what I can tell from your pics, but on the edges, just past the bend it seems to portrude out a little past the indentation of the bumper.

TrippZ
07-07-2004, 10:33 AM
Yeah my CF grill doesnt fit exact either, its close and fits better than what I can tell from your pics, but on the edges, just past the bend it seems to portrude out a little past the indentation of the bumper.

yeah that doesnt look too hot chet :( sorry

however.. woo woo kpro!

RockEP_SS**
07-07-2004, 10:57 AM
K-pro already!? Nice! That grill does look kinda funky, and I had a customer down here have a lil bit of a fitment problem too. Hopefully it aint like that on the ones I have left, but I'll check it out. Let me know how the K-pro is though!!

Rocky
Showstoppers USA