PDA

View Full Version : bird poop

LiLxKeNnY
07-07-2004, 08:21 AM
is bird poop bad for the paint on ur car??? some of my friends say that it is acidic and can strip paint!

Silvershadow
07-09-2004, 06:08 PM
HELL ya.The the best way 2 remove it is wet it with water.Let it soften(5-15 min),then hose off.If u don't .Don't b suprised to c a small spot that looks like CRACKED antiqued china.

NuG
07-09-2004, 08:02 PM
Bird poop contains acidic properties than will eat into your clearcoat and paint if you do not treat it properly. You'll notice that sometimes after you wipe off the dropping there is still a circle on your paint, that's the acid residue!

You'll need to neutralize the dropping with a base, remember high school Chemistry? Meguiars Quik-Detailer Mist & Wipe is a base, just spray this stuff on the dropping, wipe and spray again to clean up the residue. Quik-Detailer smells great too!

raiyo
07-09-2004, 08:08 PM
Quik-Detailer smells great too!

heeheh, dont get high off it.

I'm so glad I paid that rip off price of 5 bills to detail my car with that "Touch of Class" thing. Bird dropping or tree sap doesn't hurt my coat for 3 more yrs. If it does, Honda will redo my body for free.

NuG
07-09-2004, 08:18 PM
What "Touch of Class" thing? Is that the Dealer option for the paint b/c my Dealer threw that in but my clear coat is hazey. I'll have to bring it in and show them.

And I dont think you can get "high" off of it, I tried :winkm:

raiyo
07-12-2004, 10:11 PM
yah, the "Touch of Class" thing is an option when u buy the car. They said whenever your car isnt shiny or bird poop/tree sap gets on the car and wont come off, they'll make that all go away for free within coverage time

Silvershadow
07-13-2004, 12:27 AM
Read this in consumer reports:Pour Selzter water on it .Let it foam,then wipe.

Chinaboy
07-13-2004, 01:56 AM
when birdcrap hits the car, you have 1hr to remove it before it starts to cause problems.

here is what I do

Take a can/bottle of clubsoda or as mentioned above selzter water and drench the area let it sit for 30 seconds.

next, take a hose and try to spray it off, for the residue that don't come off, use a soft terry cloth and wash it with a mix of car soap and water

then use a remaining claybar to srubb off acidic properties that could be etched into the paint, some can see, some won't

then quick detail that bitch and slap a coat of carnuba wax over the area and call it a day

Ep_Hatch 03
07-13-2004, 04:22 AM
And I dont think you can get "high" off of it, I tried :winkm:

LOL :D

LiLxKeNnY
07-13-2004, 04:39 AM
this is tru ... i left the bird poop on for a day ... and now i see a faint print on it after i removed it! :sadm:

NuG
07-13-2004, 09:10 AM
Chinaboy: Though I agree with the methods you mentioned, what if you are at work and you see poop on your car? Or you are at the mall, I dont think you could bust out the hose like that. I keep quik detailer in the car so I can clean my car at all times.

Does anyone get those yellow dots on their cars too? I'm thinking it is bird pee, that stuff is annoying too.

FurY
07-13-2004, 09:12 AM
I'm thinking about keeping some clubsoda in the car now with some paper towels hehe.

Silvershadow
07-13-2004, 10:19 AM
Imagine all the fun we can have with club soda ,towels & ur gurlfriend. :tongue:

Like I said earlier:

HELL ya.The the best way 2 remove it is wet it with water.Let it soften(5-15 min),then hose off.

Except now 1 can use selzter water or club soda too.Instead of the hose whip out ur hose & pee it off. :shockm: Just kiddin . :D :D Get a cup of (perferably large) water & slowly wash it off.

FurY
07-13-2004, 10:43 AM
Don't think my gf would go for that but thanks for the thought ;)

parkjehhyun
05-30-2008, 07:02 PM
haha keep a bottle of clubsoda for emergencies.

i always keep a window cleaning agent, bug & tar remover, & terrycloth in my car.

black05ep
07-01-2008, 07:07 PM
bird crap f-s a car up.especially black or very dark cars.i detail cars and ive seen bird shit eat thru the paint completly.ive had a few crap spots on mine along with some dumbasses that put their foot on my car and scratched the paint..but for the hood i use synthetic wax with a highspeed buffer and then finishing wax with the same buffer with a clean pad then i use an orbital buffer with the meguiers nxt tech wax on the whole car.the synthetic wax helps alot with getn the deeper scraches and bird shit etc out.i spend a good 3+ hours on just the outside of my car.i get to detail my car for free since i work there.but if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

frm_808
07-02-2008, 01:50 AM
i heard baloney is very bad for the car also, so if you dislike someone, throw some on the car in the heat

MR.Pizza
07-02-2008, 02:20 AM
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/5427/salamioq0.jpg

JohnyBlaze
07-02-2008, 07:49 AM
bird crap f-s a car up.especially black or very dark cars.i detail cars and ive seen bird shit eat thru the paint completly.ive had a few crap spots on mine along with some dumbasses that put their foot on my car and scratched the paint..but for the hood i use synthetic wax with a highspeed buffer and then finishing wax with the same buffer with a clean pad then i use an orbital buffer with the meguiers nxt tech wax on the whole car.the synthetic wax helps alot with getn the deeper scraches and bird shit etc out.i spend a good 3+ hours on just the outside of my car.i get to detail my car for free since i work there.but if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me.

I've had some bird poop on my car for a couple of days now -- how long is too long to leave the bird crap on?

black05ep
07-02-2008, 05:12 PM
u definately want to get it off asap.personally i wouldnt go more than 2 days at the most if i have nothin to get it off with at the time,but the faster u get it off the less damage it will do and the less ull have to work to get the acid spot out.if i get bird crap on my car. ill take a bottle of water and a microfiber cloth and wipe it off as soon as i see it.and like everyone said.keeping wax on ur car helps the bird crap and bugs from sticking as bad.

AliG-EP3
07-18-2008, 07:56 PM
I'm gonna have to get a bottle of that quik detailer, sounds like it does the trick

ep3drc
08-11-2008, 05:50 PM
i got a vivid blue ep and its left a darker blue spot on my car :(

nrengle
08-12-2008, 07:19 PM
heeheh, dont get high off it.

I'm so glad I paid that rip off price of 5 bills to detail my car with that "Touch of Class" thing. Bird dropping or tree sap doesn't hurt my coat for 3 more yrs. If it does, Honda will redo my body for free.

You might want to read the fine print on the contract for that stuff too. A lot of those clear bra's and such require a regular maintenance at specific intervals. If you've missed even one they can void it and then you're stuck paying 5 bills for something you can't use anymore.

Also alot of those coatings will strip off if you've ever had it professionally detailed. Especially if they've used a aggressive polish...

shivic
08-19-2008, 11:24 AM
soak the poop first. remember that bird poop has sand and dirt in it.

i can scratch the paint if you just spray and wipe