PDA

View Full Version : How do I disconnect the seat belt sensor in 04 ep3 ???

JDM04EP3
07-07-2004, 09:02 AM
I would like to dissconnect the sensor in my seatbelt that causes the anoying bell to go off when my seatbelt isn't buckled. I don't want ot just cut it or anything because I would like to be able to set it back if I need to. Anyone who has done this if you could please tell me how you did it i would appreciate it, that beeping noise drives me crazy!!!!!

lowep3
07-07-2004, 09:43 AM
Yeah, I'd like to know that to. That thing pisses me off!

dtexan
07-07-2004, 08:30 PM
Why not just use your seat belt???? :confused:

Tenacious G
07-07-2004, 08:32 PM

i second that

JDM04EP3
07-07-2004, 09:23 PM
I do use my seatbelt most of the time but there are times when i don't wear it or i drive without it... also my stock seats are coming out to make way for JDM Recaros and I want to run Shoulder Harness with them which means i wont be using the factory seatbelt anyway... But thanks for your concern with my wellbeing but I really need an answer to my question not your opinions on seatbelt useage.... :shockm:

Twisted-X
06-06-2008, 10:52 PM
Under the front of the seat there is a connector that I believe runs to the seat belt switch. I think all you would have to do is figure out with two wires run to seat belt buckle and jumper them together with a piece of wire or something. I think its a 4 pin connector, so I'm not sure which pins would be what.
I only know this because last summer I left my drivers window down an 1/8th inch in a rain storm, and it soaked my seats :mfrown:, so I had to take them out and dry them in front of a fan.

The S
06-08-2008, 11:39 AM
all you need to do is look under the seat for the plug (not the yellow one) measure the resistance find a resistor that is the same or within a 10th of the value. then with the car off unplug the plug and insert the resistor into both sides of the plug. DONE!

groovezog
06-25-2008, 08:44 PM
all you need to do is look under the seat for the plug (not the yellow one) measure the resistance find a resistor that is the same or within a 10th of the value. then with the car off unplug the plug and insert the resistor into both sides of the plug. DONE!
I put in harnesses and had to do the same thing, except that I didn't use a resistor. Just a little piece of wire to jump the BLACK harness.
This will ensure that the ECU thinks your buckled, but if you're not wearing your harness or seatbelt, the airbags will be armed and destroy your face in an accident.
I vote wear it always.