PDA

View Full Version : :( Si owners dont like me

TrippZ
07-07-2004, 10:28 AM
Coming back from getting my phone checked out by Sprint, I spot a Si... not just any Si, but a EURO YELLO parked in a Blockbuster parking lot. I turn around to see if I can chat it up with the guy, maybe give him EPHatch's address.

As soon as the light turns green, the guy comes out of blockbuster and starts staring at me.. I was like, 'sweet, this guy saw me, hopefully he wants to talk.' I get near him and he drives off... im like what the fudge? I honk, and he just keeps driving. Rev, keeps driving.

Then he just turns right onto a main street. No acknowledgement, no nothing.

I mean, come on. Your car is just as fugly as mine - look at the paint! There's not many of us! You can at least say hi! JEEZ!

lol oh well! I got all you guys. You all love me. *GROUP HUG!!!*

<3 LOVE!!!
John

CivilEngSI
07-07-2004, 10:31 AM
The only people I see that drive EP's around here are old geezers! haha..

STP03BlueSI
07-07-2004, 10:37 AM
Yea i followed a black one...soon to find out it was a old lady, she gave me some stange looks.

Also saw a yellow one...i felt bad the guy couldn't drive the car :sadm:

bloodzombie
07-07-2004, 10:44 AM
It's unfortunate, but look at the attitude in any street racing forum, and you'll see why people will assume that if you're a kid in a honda and you're revving at them, you probably have some macho stick up your ass and you're looking to prove something. And all he wanted to do was get some movies.

TrippZ
07-07-2004, 10:49 AM
It wasnt a big rev, I was waving at him, it was a tap on the gas to make some noise to get his attention.

and all i wanted to do was to get my referral count up. whats your point.

Zero Three Si
07-07-2004, 10:57 AM
he probably thought you were a fag and that you were trying to hit on him.

Peking
07-07-2004, 11:03 AM

LOL, don't worry Trippy. I think it happens to all of us :)

Brettnyt
07-07-2004, 11:05 AM

ROFLMAO! hahahaha...

Lots of the SI's around here are driven by old women :'( occasionally i run into some driven by people who actually recognize the fact that we have the same car, and think its pretty cool... I followed some guy all the way home once... hahaha, he had ground controls SLAMMED (tuckin like 2 inches in rear) exhaust, AEM CAI, 17" Konigs, and fogs... I told him about EPHatch and he said he would check it out, but he hasnt yet. Theres a new black one in redmond with tinted windows and the HFP kit (and the HFP rims) and i have been trying to catch him... He got on the freeway yesterday, but i was stuck at a red lights, so i lost him...

Stoop
07-07-2004, 11:06 AM
Theres a new black one in redmond with tinted windows and the HFP kit (and the HFP rims) and i have been trying to catch him... He got on the freeway yesterday, but i was stuck at a red lights, so i lost him...

No, you're just slow, Brett. :D

2pointslowEP3
07-07-2004, 11:33 AM
you guys are like stalking these guys...what's up? is it that important to say hi to EVERY SI owner out there?

!@#$%
07-07-2004, 11:37 AM
i left a message on a blue 04 at the theatre the other night, but I doubt they will see get online. oh well.

beechstreet
07-07-2004, 12:25 PM
is it that important to say hi to EVERY SI owner out there?
i gotsa agree. I'll throw a wave to a Ep driver if they have like any visible mods, but other than that, I wont acknowledge them. Anyways, I usually just see moms and grannies driving EPs, and if I threw a wave at them or soemthing, they'd prolly think, "damn racer kids and their stupid ricemobiles" :D

anjapower
07-07-2004, 12:31 PM
maybe its your blackouts...I know I try to stay away from people that have those :D

EPHatchgirl
07-07-2004, 12:33 PM

Yup, that is my experience as well... doesn't seem to be that way with the 2004's, maybe the new fangled tail lights skerred the old fogeys off.

TrippZ
07-07-2004, 12:35 PM
... why?

eurosteez
07-07-2004, 12:37 PM
i gotsa agree. I'll throw a wave to a Ep driver if they have like any visible mods, but other than that, I wont acknowledge them. Anyways, I usually just see moms and grannies driving EPs, and if I threw a wave at them or soemthing, they'd prolly think, "damn racer kids and their stupid ricemobiles" :D

lol true

I usually say whattups to another ep driver I see, unless its grandpa, but lots of time they don't do sh!t either. Stupid people.

keep tryin to recruit em trippz

:banana:

Merkin Salesman
07-07-2004, 01:41 PM
I'm a self-loathing EPhatcher. :smilem:

EP3Lovin
07-07-2004, 02:16 PM
I always beep and/or wave at the black EP I see daily (yes, it's the only one I ever see, he's not an EPHatch member) and anyone on a Ducati.

..oh, and any state sanitation truck (hey, now they leave my garbage barrels in the driveway and not in the street, so it's worth it)

See, in my town, if you even make eye contact with another driver...you've somehow offended them so they'll try to chase you down. [acts scared..]

It's just so damn fun loosing them in the twisties...... :winkm:

Jay H
07-07-2004, 02:42 PM
I saw an older gentleman with a Vivid Blue EP right around the time I bought my EP this winter near my work. He never acknowledged me even though we drove past each other many times.

There is a white '02 or '03 EP owned by someone in the building right next to my work as well. Older lady drives it and it's trashed (all scraped up and always dirty). I've driven past her, behind her, in front of her, etc. since we sometimes leave work at the same time. She has no clue that we have the same car. Watching her drive, I doubt the car gets above 3000 rpms. Why would an EP be appealing to this person??

Got two EP's (black and silver) in my hometown of about 5000 people. The silver owner and I have twisted our necks to look at each other's car on more than one occassion while passing by each other. Both cars are stock...

I guess some of these people just think of these cars as a Civic hatchback and not much more...or they think of cars like they think of their toaster. Just an appliance to get back and forth to work, etc.

[I]I'll throw a wave to a Ep driver if they have like any visible mods, but other than that, I wont acknowledge them.[I/]

I keep my car bone stock due to the fact that my work is not located in the nicest neighborhood (and possible mod money is better spent on my children than on a car). So, don't be afraid to wave to non - modded EP's. Some of us do care!

Jay
03 Si

LHD_EP3
07-07-2004, 02:55 PM
Coming back from getting my phone checked out by Sprint, I spot a Si... not just any Si, but a EURO YELLO parked in a Blockbuster parking lot. I turn around to see if I can chat it up with the guy, maybe give him EPHatch's address.

As soon as the light turns green, the guy comes out of blockbuster and starts staring at me.. I was like, 'sweet, this guy saw me, hopefully he wants to talk.' I get near him and he drives off... im like what the fudge? I honk, and he just keeps driving. Rev, keeps driving.

Then he just turns right onto a main street. No acknowledgement, no nothing.

I mean, come on. Your car is just as fugly as mine - look at the paint! There's not many of us! You can at least say hi! JEEZ!

lol oh well! I got all you guys. You all love me. *GROUP HUG!!!*

<3 LOVE!!!
John

I would have probably done the same thing, most EP owners that I have come across are real dicks, especially down here in Texas.

dj addicted
07-07-2004, 03:20 PM
hey trippz... you know what it is... they knew it was you and they dont like your "politically correct avatar" hehehee

bloodzombie
07-07-2004, 03:26 PM
It wasnt a big rev, I was waving at him, it was a tap on the gas to make some noise to get his attention.

and all i wanted to do was to get my referral count up. whats your point.

I wasn't accusing you of anything, I was just offering a possible explanation for his ignoring you. A few times I've been approached by people about my car, it seems like it's always about how some other car (either theirs or their friends) is faster than yours. I just don't really care, so I usually ignore them now.

kenscivic
07-07-2004, 03:28 PM
i left a message on a blue 04 at the theatre the other night, but I doubt they will see get online. oh well.

i left a note on a 2003 si at the mall telling them to take off their gay tail lights ... but he never called me :(

TrippZ
07-07-2004, 04:28 PM
Im not a dick! I'm a nice guy and i give everyone Nestea and Cookies if they come over and have an EP!!!

esmith13
07-07-2004, 04:42 PM
eh, that's not so bad dude - coulda had my experience....

I pull up in the lane next to another EP. Had the full Buddy Club Kit and Wing and some nice Rev Wheels in 18 I think as well as a big LOUD exhaust. As i got along side him I noticed that he was like 30ish looking. Suprising but OK. So i look over at him and smile and give him the nod of apprecieation. He smirks back with that "oh geez" smirk like he's humoring me. Were pretty much lined up but we both have 2 or three cars in front of us at this light. It turns green and traffic begins to move slowly. First chance he gets (i'm crusin slow hangin with him to check out his kit) he punches it and attempts to cut me off with no turn signal and flips me the bird out his window while doing it!!!! Now I say attempt not because he failed but because i slammed on the brakes because i love my car being in one piece. I wailed on the horn and rode his ass for a block or two - then I blew by him and flipped him the bird right back - friggin dick...

Eric

TrippZ
07-07-2004, 04:45 PM
jeez, now thats bad... i wonder what his problem was...

esmith13
07-07-2004, 04:47 PM
I'm sure I was prolly "too ricey" for him - he prolly thought i was 16 or something....

he was a jag-off - that was his problem..... bastard

Eric

ranivus
07-07-2004, 04:53 PM

Yeah everytime i see an EP with a handicap plate or sticker... Baby jesus cries :angelm: :angelm: :angelm:

El Mocha King
07-07-2004, 05:18 PM
I have only seen 4 ep's other than mine and my brothers since the damn car came out! Right after i got mine, I saw another stock blue one with a few older guys in it, and driver actually honked the horn and they all waved at me. It was pretty cool. The others were all driven by the elderly...sad :'(

plpong893
07-07-2004, 05:26 PM
umm yeah i dont get down with the ep stalking... um maybe a wave but im not gonna go out of my way... i wouldnt be rude to someone talking to me though

03SiBlack
07-07-2004, 09:18 PM
yo i got the same problem a while back i saw a black ep just like mine coming towards me i was looking at him and he just gave me the finger i was like what the f is wrong with him?

oldschoolimport
07-07-2004, 09:51 PM
the other morning I blew through a red light (I had been up 2 days and had just got off work and did not mean to) in front of another white ep. he works at the presbyterian church downtown. if he would have flipped me off I would have laughed my ass off.

glad he was not any closer.

freidaddy
07-07-2004, 11:16 PM
some ep drivers are a-holes, but none from this site, the people from this site though are tryin to get those a-holes in.

wh03lse
04-24-2008, 12:52 PM
yea idk man lotta ep owners are haters of other ppl who own the same car...ego-freaks
im just trying to get from point a to point b and boom ricer ep wants to race just for the hell of it -_-

Kodeen
04-24-2008, 01:09 PM
I hate you because of the age of this thread.

Just kidding.