PDA

View Full Version : Scratch in Dash

HondaCivicSi
07-09-2002, 03:55 PM
Somehow I got a tiny nick in the dash. It's right by the stick shift. I was wondering what would be the best way to go about fixing something like that? Any ideas would be appreciated. I tried just brushing a little paint in it, but it still looks like crap. Do they make paint that matches perfectly? I was also wondering if I could just order a new dash peice to replace it? Any ideas how expensive that would be. It just bugs me. Thanks

SBC31
07-09-2002, 03:58 PM
I would not worry about interior scratches too much. You will get lot's of them no matter what you do. Go ahead and get a new piece if you want, but I guarantee you that you will get more scratches. If you are talking about the silver bezel around the shifter/radio..... I have a feeling these will get scratched often. You may want to consider the carbon fiber trim, since it is harder to scratch.

p.s. It's pretty easy to scratch a car interior and so on, no big deal, worry about the exterior.

DynaSpeed
07-09-2002, 05:37 PM
Go up to your local Autozone or other Auto Emporium and pick up some Dupli-Color Frost Silver...

El-Dog says it looks close enough.

i-WERKS
07-10-2002, 06:57 AM
I was planning to repaint my dash too. What do you guys think of red?

SBC31
07-10-2002, 07:07 AM
Mmmm, not bad with the red, but I prefer the stock silver looking one. There is a company that makes different color carbon fiber trims.

Kongsi02
07-11-2004, 07:35 PM
yea red aint that bad but i still prefer the stock silver dash, and im planning to get the carbon fiber trim...but where can i get it at?

Buckeye34
07-11-2004, 07:51 PM
any honda dealership will have it... and also a friend of mine gave me this site, it has all these honda parts for good prices http://handa-accessories.com/civicsi.html the carbon fiber kit is like 100 bucks

Kongsi02
07-11-2004, 10:45 PM
ooh nice...thanks...because today i just install a new leather shift boot into my 02 si and i used my pocket knife to open it LOL...so i kinda had some scratch on the dash..