PDA

View Full Version : mugen material

nio619
07-07-2004, 09:40 PM
wut up ppl. i just wanted to know what kind of material is best when it comes to lip kits or body kits? cuz ive been lookin around and heard from chuck a showstoppers that their replica mugen lip kit is fiberglass, is fiberglass tha best material out there right now?

Civicvtec1ps
07-07-2004, 09:47 PM
Urethane is the best material.
Strong and Durable.

nio619
07-07-2004, 09:49 PM
so where can i purchase a urethane mugen front lip then? cuz the one at showstoppers is fiberglass.

Civicvtec1ps
07-07-2004, 09:53 PM
so where can i purchase a urethane mugen front lip then? cuz the one at showstoppers is fiberglass.
Doesn't exsist.
Even Genuine Mugen front lip is fiberglass.

nio619
07-07-2004, 09:54 PM
so how is fiberglass? is it really cheap? is it worth it?

02civicSI
07-07-2004, 10:03 PM
so how is fiberglass? is it really cheap? is it worth it?

this is my opinion on fiberglass. i hate it. cracks and its a pain in the ass to fix. the main reason i have the jdm bodykit and not the usdm one is because the jdm one is urethane.

BlackSi613nin
07-07-2004, 10:12 PM
authentic mugen fiberglas is much stronger and more durable then the replica fiberglas (hense why it costs so much more ). im thinkin its thicker fiberglass or more layers or w/e
joHn

nio619
07-07-2004, 10:13 PM
damn that fucn sucks. do any of you know when a usdm urethane version of the mugen lip will come out? cuz i dont feel like buyin fiberglass then all of a sudden get it all fucked up. ya know. do any of you know what our stock bumpers are made out of? and what do you mean by crarck. does it crack on its own, by the weather or by bumpin in to this like speed bumps?

ShingosEP3
07-07-2004, 10:43 PM
I haven't heard anything about a usdm urethane mugen lip coming out, there is a "replica mugen lip" on ebay made out of urethane but it doesn't really look anything like the real thing in the picture. As far as I know there are no body kits for our car made out of urethane except going the jdm route.

Fiberglass will naturally crack on its own (by crack I mean spider web like cracks will form in the paint) even if you don't hit anything, not to mention if you do hit something the durability is no where near that of urethane, and to answer your question our stock bumper is made out of urethane as well.

nio619
07-08-2004, 05:34 PM
koo. thanks man. do you guys think i can get a custom made urethane mugen lip somewhere?