PDA

View Full Version : Where can I get one? Whats a good Tach?

bgsteve523
07-08-2004, 04:51 AM
OK looking at finally getting a tach to put on the car. I have a question I am looking for a nice looking one not too large but simple just a tach not all the other stuff like oil pressure and shit like that. Any one know of a nice looking tach that I can look at or the best place to go to get one? Maybe even a custom one?
Thanks,
Steve O

ATRIOT
07-08-2004, 05:30 AM
Stewart Warner makes very nice tachs.

bgsteve523
07-08-2004, 05:35 AM
do they have a web site? I am really looking for one that glows red at night to match the gauge cluster

ATRIOT
07-08-2004, 06:10 AM
Yeah but the website isnt that great. http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/images/114949.jpg

http://www.sw-performance.com/Im-bas/3ulshft.jpg

Search around on the net.

gabe_
07-08-2004, 07:56 AM
What's wrong with your stock tach? Are you revving so high that you are burying your stock tachometer? The mods list in your signature does not list any valvetrain upgrades so I hope not.

Monster tachs are ricey, IMO. If your stock tach is really too far out of your way to look at, get a shift light and mount it some place discreet. Inside one of the vents works great.

bgsteve523
07-08-2004, 08:03 AM
The reason I want a new tach is that when I am running I like to keep an eye on my boost gauge and its hard to look down at the stock tach to see when to shift so I am looking for something up on the dash thats easier to see.

YooShin
07-08-2004, 08:41 PM
The reason I want a new tach is that when I am running I like to keep an eye on my boost gauge and its hard to look down at the stock tach to see when to shift so I am looking for something up on the dash thats easier to see.
I bet your car revs quick to. W/ the boost 7K comes quick. I'm thinking about getting one when I boost for the same reason especially when I start building the engine for high pressure. I'd like to be able to watch boost, and RPMs when I drop to 3rd on a 55-60 mph roll :D :D :D

John02Si
07-09-2004, 12:32 AM
Monster tachs are ricey, IMO. If your stock tach is really too far out of your way to look at, get a shift light and mount it some place discreet. Inside one of the vents works great.

i agree with that one

jdmwagon
07-09-2004, 09:23 AM
Fuck what everyone else thinks. Do what you like. www.egauges.com They have a good site, and fast service

Nossy
07-09-2004, 12:38 PM
that stewart warner LED shift lite posted above is a really nice piece...I've had one in my rsx for a while now and it's nice...it's REALLY bright...