PDA

View Full Version : Crappy customer service: KW suspensions

chet
07-08-2004, 01:08 PM
I found out I had either a bad shock or other, in one of my KW V2's that I purchased through Glen Messinger (groupbuy here last year). So, last Monday I shipped off the coilover to Washington (state) and paid quite a bit to get it there by Wednesday morning (2 days). I called him last Friday, he doesn't even know if its there. So I have to call the UPS people, get my tracking #, and in the process, found out it was signed for at their receiving dock by a "Vezzetti" at like 9:30 am.

THat was last Friday. Obviously there was a holiday, I gave him until today before I bothered him about it again. He emails me back and said they just located it and his techs would start on it in the morning. I'm really glad I have another automobile to get to work in!!

My feelings on this subject. . .If I pay over $1000 of my own money for a product, and then pay more $$ to ship it to the correct people. . .The least they could do is get to it in a week's time. At least find out what the fucking problem is. I'm tired of dealing with vendors that care nothing for their customers. Then he proceeds to tell me that he's shoved this off on one of his other guys (so he doesn't have to deal with me anymore I presume). He said it had to do with KW wanting to wean him from being on the phone or something.

I needed to vent about this. Thanks for reading and/or responding.

P.S. I will end up missing at least 2 auto-x events because of this, that sucks ass too.

andy
07-08-2004, 02:27 PM
Bummer. I can't help but think part of it has to do with holidays (I know I've been lazy as hell this week), but still, that's a tad long to wait.

chet
07-08-2004, 02:51 PM
That's my basic feeling. . .I understand there was a holiday, but it was over Monday. So that's three days last week that the damn thing sat and then 3 more this week without any attention. How long does it take to look at one coilover that may or may not have anything wrong with it. Meanwhile, the EP sits in the garage, 3 legged and nowhere to go. Plus, my K-Pro is just sitting in the passenger seat looking at me like, "when the hell do we get to play?!?!"

civicSIracer
07-08-2004, 02:58 PM
it sucks when other people lag.. esp when there is a great amount of money involved.. and missing autoX or anything because of someone else is jsut making it worse.. i feel for ya man.. good luck..

portandpolish
07-08-2004, 04:35 PM
sorry to here about ur demise chet. I was just wondering what made u give them the shock in the first place? Because I bought the same set up and wanted to know if there was anything I should be concerned about?? :confused:

mhx
07-08-2004, 05:22 PM
note to self: dont buy KW's thx man

serialdriller
07-09-2004, 09:17 AM
i know how it feels when a place doesnt provide good service.

thanks for the heads up! No Kw's! :)

anjapower
07-09-2004, 09:18 AM
how do you like the product itself? Seems most people aren't completely happy with the KWs.

1FSTEP3
07-09-2004, 09:23 AM
Did you purchase it directly through KW or did you buy them from a dealer that sells them?

chet
07-09-2004, 10:50 AM
sorry to here about ur demise chet. I was just wondering what made u give them the shock in the first place? Because I bought the same set up and wanted to know if there was anything I should be concerned about?? :confused:

To answer your questions, guys, about basic quality. . .I like the KW's a lot. I haven't had a problem with them at all. The reason the coilover is bad is NOT due to manufacturing. I hit a pothole a couple months ago, and the suspension gradually got worse. I don't have a problem with their products. They're a little springier than I'm used to, but this is the first lowered auto I've ever driven. I only have the Progress springs w/stock struts to compare the ride to (I wish I never sold my Progress springs).

Don't get me wrong, I'd recommend the KW's again, I just wouldn't buy them from KW. Which is who I purchased them from. Glen became a vendor here for a short time last year, there was a groupbuy. As far as I know, they're the only set of coilovers made from stainless steel.

freidaddy
07-09-2004, 11:29 AM
damb that sucks.

chet
07-09-2004, 12:18 PM
damb that sucks.

UPDATE

So I just got off the phone with Tom at KW (sales). THis is the gentlemen that Glen said would help me with my situation. He didn't even know what I was talking about when we spoke. I had to go through the whole story again, explain the situation. DO NOT BUY SHIT FROM GLEN MESSINGER OF KW. That is, if you ever need any help from him after he gets your money. THat's truly uncaring and neglect. How and the fuck am I supposed to drive my car? I'd be better off buying the TOkico's and going back to Progress springs. I'm truly feeling nauseous over this. I'm pissed. Tom's going to look into it, supposedly, and give me a call today. I hope he's more dependable than Mr. Messinger.

portandpolish
07-09-2004, 03:26 PM
UPDATE

So I just got off the phone with Tom at KW (sales). THis is the gentlemen that Glen said would help me with my situation. He didn't even know what I was talking about when we spoke. I had to go through the whole story again, explain the situation. DO NOT BUY SHIT FROM GLEN MESSINGER OF KW. That is, if you ever need any help from him after he gets your money. THat's truly uncaring and neglect. How and the fuck am I supposed to drive my car? I'd be better off buying the TOkico's and going back to Progress springs. I'm truly feeling nauseous over this. I'm pissed. Tom's going to look into it, supposedly, and give me a call today. I hope he's more dependable than Mr. Messinger.

WOW!! I also purchased my set from Glen, however when it came to additional CX service, I was refered to TOM as well, Honestly speaking, and again this IS MY personal experience, It seemed as though Glen was more cx service friendly than Tom, Now I'm not saying that Tom was rude or anything, he just seemed more straight to the point. MY 2Cents.

GrahamBo '02
07-09-2004, 03:56 PM
I feel for you on the whole vendor thing. If people could just get their shit together and provide good customer service things would be a LOT easier.

But, that sucks that you're getting the run around. Honestly if I buy a product that's over a $1000 I expect some level of reasonable service. Maybe I'm just crazy.. (shakes head)? I've heard stories of other vendors like this that have good products / prices, but really random service.

Good luck man.