PDA

View Full Version : new to EP Q's.

civicmatt
07-08-2004, 05:04 PM
1. On the windshield, right above the mirror, there is a black dot screen. What's that for?
2. On my dashboard, right where it meets the windshield, right in the middle, there is a small plastic cover. What's that for?
3. What are the 3 block-off plates around the steering wheel and the one next to the shifter for? What acc. would go in these?
AND 4. To the right of my steering wheel on the dash there is a mini vent. Again, what's this for?

I just got the car and am trying to figure it out. Thanks! :D

DavidT
07-08-2004, 05:10 PM
1. Black dots is to prevent sun glare that your sun visors cannot reach.

2. I dunno, never seen it lol

3. Three block off plates are the steering wheel are for options (Like OEM fogs) and other stuff...especially stuff we don't get here in the US. Like the one next to the shifter is for a cig lighter in the UK and Japan.

4. The mini vent is used for the automatic climate control systems, there's suppose to be a thermometer there for reading interior temp, again only in Japan.

skooba
07-08-2004, 05:13 PM
4. To the right of my steering wheel on the dash there is a mini vent. Again, what's this for?

it's not a vent. it's a coin slot, put your money in there, and it activates the vibrator sticking out of the dashboard (contrary to the popular misconception of it being a dildo).

civicmatt
07-08-2004, 05:24 PM
What kind of coins does it take?! :tongue:

I figured that was what the dots are for. Can anyone be more specific as to what the block off plates around the the wheel are for? What exact options. And I'm still stumped about the plastic block where the dash meets the windshield. Thanks for the replies

YooShin
07-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Can anyone be more specific as to what the block off plates around the the wheel are for? What exact options. And I'm still stumped about the plastic block where the dash meets the windshield. Thanks for the replies

The way I understand it is Honda uses the stearing column on other models that offer a mix of stalks and options (ie Element, RSX, TSX, Accord etc). Alot of of the EP's parts come from a parts bin or are shared parts. I don't know about the plastic block. Maybe that's where the damn gremlins rest when they're not screwing w/ my car :yellm:

And oh, congrats on the EP! Hope you're enoying her so far! :D

seattlecivic
07-09-2004, 03:55 AM
don't put your coins in those slots... I almost did. :-P They will probably just fall right into it :)

Btrthnezr3
07-09-2004, 05:36 AM
The blank plate next to the cruise control button is where the oem foglight switch goes. I should know...I installed some! :D
That's all I got.

anjapower
07-09-2004, 06:34 AM
2. On my dashboard, right where it meets the windshield, right in the middle, there is a small plastic cover. What's that for?

Almost positive that this is the receiver for your signals from the keyless entry transmitter.