PDA

View Full Version : I want to get a gauge(s)?? Help me out!

DingDong02Si
07-08-2004, 08:43 PM
Alright I just want to spice the inside of my car up a lil bit by getting a gauge or 2 gauges? I am basically stock but was wondering what kind of gauge would be cool but not useless??? I dont want to get volts or oil but something that would look cool and serve a purpose besides looking cool?? Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Thanks - Matt D.

Eibach Sportline Springs

dj addicted
07-08-2004, 11:55 PM
EGT and A/F would probably be best..

dont really have to worry about any of the others with basic boltons

DingDong02Si
07-08-2004, 11:57 PM
EGT and A/F would probably be best..

dont really have to worry about any of the others with basic boltons

For the inclined people like me what does egt mean? :m:

dj addicted
07-09-2004, 12:17 AM
exhaust gas temp...

EnJaNir
07-09-2004, 12:19 AM
You could always put in a small analog clock. Serves a purpose and looks cool.

DingDong02Si
07-09-2004, 12:20 AM
You could always put in a small analog clock. Serves a purpose and looks cool.

NEGATIVE! thanks for helping though. Would I really need an exhaust temp gauge or is it more for looks? Or does it serve a good purpose to buy it?

BlackSi613nin
07-09-2004, 12:24 AM
only if you have a turbo

EnJaNir
07-09-2004, 12:25 AM
Every gauge whether its egt, af, boost, oil pressure, oil temp, volts, etc etc all serve a good purpose for there application. It seems to me that you just want something to look cool first and to serve a function second

BlackSi613nin
07-09-2004, 12:29 AM
dude, can you give me some n2o guages, will they look cool??? i dont have nitrious but im sure they will look cool, oh yes give me a boost gauge to :) i can moniter the boost to my invisable turbo, but it will LOOK COOL!!!

dj addicted
07-09-2004, 12:44 AM
well, the AF is really the only one that will truly help you for NA. If you plan on boosting or supercharging... you will need a boost gauge and EGT to help with the tuning of the turbo.

if you want looks.. buy one of the giant APC multi colored tachometers

2QK4U ALLWAYS
07-09-2004, 05:09 AM
Personnaly a Volt and Oil preassure gauges would be my #1 choices as you can tell if something is going wrong with your engine before anything catastrophic happens and you can shut her off before you do more demage.

I think you wanna be a ricer though :*

DingDong02Si
07-09-2004, 09:21 AM
Thanks everyone for your opinions but I think everyone didnt understand what I really meant...I want to get a gauge I can use and show off. I dont want to get something that will totally be a waste of money like buying a boost gauge! cause im non turbo. I just wanted something That I could use that would look cool and I didnt need all the criticisum that came along with asking for help! Thanks anyways for those that actually tryed to help me out.

szm426
07-09-2004, 09:43 AM
I see where he is coming from. Whats so bad about looking good, guages spice the interior up a bit. If you get a/f and egt that would serve a purpose if not now later on. I say do it. It is kind of pointless since your stock, but do you plan to mod your car anytime soon?

-Sam

BlackSi613nin
07-09-2004, 09:50 AM
shut up sam... who uses "spice" you sound like a gay shef!

lol j.k :angel:

joHn

szm426
07-09-2004, 09:55 AM
im not joking, guages make the car look nicer, but its pointless if your going to keep it stock or just get a cai. I think I should get some guages now.

-Sam

BlackSi613nin
07-09-2004, 10:00 AM
im not joking, guages make the car look nicer, but its pointless if your going to keep it stock or just get a cai. I think I should get some guages now.

-Sam

im gonna need guages to, and a a pillar pod gauge to mount them on
i need a boost/ a/f / and EGT gauge..

joHn

JLannoo
07-10-2004, 06:44 PM
Personnaly a Volt and Oil preassure gauges would be my #1 choices as you can tell if something is going wrong with your engine before anything catastrophic happens and you can shut her off before you do more demage.

I think you wanna be a ricer though :*

I second the above. If your stock get these ^^^^^

I wish all cars came with them instead of the damn idiot lights. :D

DingDong02Si
07-10-2004, 07:43 PM
Thanks alot for those who helped me figure out what gauges to get. I think im going to get an oil pressure gauge and a air/fuel gauge! I dont have a system so I think I will do fine w/out the volts gauge. Thanks again! - Matt D.