PDA

View Full Version : Another day another EP in an Accident (help)

Stealth Wedgy
07-08-2004, 09:27 PM
Leaving Block buster today, sitting at a stop sign. An over eager Ford Explorer decided to customize my bumper. So here i sit with a basketball sized indent in my bumper. (no pics yet)

The cop didnt give me an accident report but gave me a "Notification of Accident" slip, saying that the report would be avaible in a day or two.

He also said that i should contact my insurance company and report the accident.

Now i was kinda pissed and out of it so i didnt get thier insurance info, but i should be getting that on the accident report right?

Or atleast my insurance company should get it for me correct?

First accident I've had to handle myself, how do i go about it so that no money has to come from my pocket?

Tenacious G
07-08-2004, 09:34 PM
get a copy of the accident report to your insurance company, if you want to use insurance. you may try contacting the guy and asking if they want to keep insurance out of it and just have him/her pay for the damages.

Stealth Wedgy
07-08-2004, 09:37 PM
Since we called the cops and i already reported it to my insurance, i cant really go behind the Insurance Companies back. I was just curious if i needed to contact his company too.

ApexinSi
07-09-2004, 06:52 AM
post pics post pics!! muhahahahaha!!! i'll add them to my site
http://www.doomday.com/doom/ep

Stealth Wedgy
07-09-2004, 08:38 AM
ill post pics when i can, but back to one of my previous questions,

"Now i was kinda pissed and out of it so i didnt get thier insurance info, but i should be getting that on the accident report right?"

Stealth Wedgy
07-09-2004, 08:39 AM
btw....went and got some estimates this morning 623.27 worth of damage

beechstreet
07-09-2004, 09:01 AM
btw....went and got some estimates this morning 623.27 worth of damage
time to get a body kit.

as for getting the insurance info from the police report, yeah, it'll be on there. The cop has to put what insurance companies cover everyone involved. At least, thats how it was on my accident report back in Dec when my ride was totalled

Stealth Wedgy
07-09-2004, 09:06 AM
Lol, no where near enough for a body kit w/$627, well not enough to get one and have it painted anyway

beechstreet
07-09-2004, 09:10 AM
Lol, no where near enough for a body kit w/$627, well not enough to get one and have it painted anyway
just gotta look for the deals, man! ;)

Stealth Wedgy
07-09-2004, 09:16 AM
If i can get my car fixed before the end of the month that will be enough, i dont need a body kit, last thing i need is my car stolen or a ticket

blueiedgod
07-09-2004, 10:53 AM
Leaving Block buster today, sitting at a stop sign. An over eager Ford Explorer decided to customize my bumper. So here i sit with a basketball sized indent in my bumper. (no pics yet)

The cop didnt give me an accident report but gave me a "Notification of Accident" slip, saying that the report would be avaible in a day or two.

He also said that i should contact my insurance company and report the accident.

Now i was kinda pissed and out of it so i didnt get thier insurance info, but i should be getting that on the accident report right?

Or atleast my insurance company should get it for me correct?

First accident I've had to handle myself, how do i go about it so that no money has to come from my pocket?

If you go through your insurance company, they will recover money from the other company, but depending on your policy and state laws, you may still have to pay the deductible, and your rates may go up. But, if you go ahead and file a claim with the other party company, without getting your insurance company involved, they will take it out of his/her a$$, you have no out of pocket expence and you get a free rental.

Stealth Wedgy
07-09-2004, 03:28 PM
Yea, problem still remains, i dont have his insurance info because the stupid cop told me that id get it on the incident report and he let the other guy leave.

Today i tryed to get the incident report, only to find out it could take 7-10 days. And cost me $15.

So i thought fuck it, why not just ask the officer for the Plate # and insurance provider.

So i ask and the Paperwork lady tells me that Officer Ritter comes in around 4pm. So i go back at 4pm and the guy at Disbatch tells me that Ritter wont be in until Tuesday.

So now i dont have the guys insurance, my car bumper is fucked and i cant find out anythign untill tuesday.

You think his insurance company will be dicky because im filing the claim so late?

beechstreet
07-09-2004, 03:45 PM
Yea, problem still remains, i dont have his insurance info because the stupid cop told me that id get it on the incident report and he let the other guy leave.

Today i tryed to get the incident report, only to find out it could take 7-10 days. And cost me $15.

So i thought fuck it, why not just ask the officer for the Plate # and insurance provider.

So i ask and the Paperwork lady tells me that Officer Ritter comes in around 4pm. So i go back at 4pm and the guy at Disbatch tells me that Ritter wont be in until Tuesday.

So now i dont have the guys insurance, my car bumper is fucked and i cant find out anythign untill tuesday.

You think his insurance company will be dicky because im filing the claim so late?
Took the officer almost 2 months to get the accident report done and available in my accident. If you have already contacted your insurance company, just let them know that a accident report is being written by an officer who was on the scene and they will just tell you that once they get ahold of it they'll let you know whats goin on. If the cop puts that the other guy was at 100% fault, then you wont have to pay jacksquat. Your insurance should also pay for your copy of the accident report. BTW, do you happen to have a little card that the cop gave you that has his name and info, plus a number that has been disignated to your accident. You have to give all that info to your insurance.

You may not like it, but this is gonna take a bit longer than just a week or two.

Stealth Wedgy
07-09-2004, 03:48 PM
If i do it through my insurance id have to shell out my $500 deductable, which im not willing to do.

The guy re-ended me, how could he not be 100% at fault?

Ill try to get the info from the cop on Tuesday, hopefully the cop will give me the info and i can make the claim with the other guys insurance.

I have my fingers crossed to get this done before the first week in August.

beechstreet
07-09-2004, 03:59 PM
If i do it through my insurance id have to shell out my $500 deductable, which im not willing to do.

The guy re-ended me, how could he not be 100% at fault?

Ill try to get the info from the cop on Tuesday, hopefully the cop will give me the info and i can make the claim with the other guys insurance.

I have my fingers crossed to get this done before the first week in August.
you wont have to pay for the deductible. Your insurance will contact his insurance, his insurance will pay your insurance for all damage done, then your insurance gives you the cash to get your car fixed. Your insurance will also tell the other guy's insurance to pay up for your deductible. My car was totalled out, valued at $15K, my insurance also gave me cash for "mental stress." I never paid a dime, plus my rates never went up. As long as its 100% the other guys fault, you wont get focked. As for the 100% his fault thing, sometimes cops are odd and will do like 60/40 (60% his fault, 40% yours) the other guy might lie and claim that you were backin up and didnt see him either, so its almost as much your fault as it is his. Having a witness on the scene helps disprove that guy's claim/lie.

I'm just passing on what I've learned from the couple accidents I've been involved in myself. I'm just trying to help.

Stealth Wedgy
07-09-2004, 04:06 PM
Well i had a passanger who can vouch for the situation.

As for my insurance contacting his insurance, well like i said, id dont know his insurance and that info wont be avaible to my insurance until the incident report comes out.

So im tryign to file with his insurance when I get the info from the Cop on Tuesday.

My insurance company wants me to pay the deductable, get my car fixed, and they will pay me back when The incident report comes out.

Problem is, i dont want to get it fixed at a body shop, i want to buy and install the parts myself. And like i said, i dont want to put out the $500.

So my only chance is to get his insurance info, claim with them, and have them cut me a check. Wether or not it will happen, I dunno.

beechstreet
07-09-2004, 04:14 PM
well good luck with that, sorry my info was of no help