PDA

View Full Version : Need help deciphering my alignment printout!

bao_pay
07-08-2004, 10:32 PM
can anyone help me out?

here the link:

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?p=490528#post490528

Is it normal that caster in the LF is 2.3 and the RF is 2.0 AFTER the alignment is done? Its still within specs but is pretty damn close to the maximum range?!?! Plus the camber in the back is still LR -0.8 and the LR -0.7 TOTAL CAMBER REAR is -1.5 degrees?

Is there a problem here? Anyone with any info or has had an alignment done help a brotha out!

Silvershadow
07-09-2004, 01:22 AM
Your #'s look fine.I wouldn't worry about it.

If u want to worry about nothing.Why are the specs for a Civic "01"-02.
Don't worry the numbers are good unless you're racing.

bao_pay
07-09-2004, 09:44 AM
yah its wierd... I think these aren't even the right specs man. I went to this garage that my friend is a mechanic at and then they did the alignment. (my friend dosen't do alignments) and then afterwards they were looking over the spec sheet and my friend was like aren't these the numbers off my car? (he drives a 01-02 coupe. I was getting kinda suspicious. Then afterwards the owner of the business was like, 'do you need a copy of the specs'... and I said yah sure. So he photocopied this one for me. I'm still not 100% sure these are my specs gonna talk to my friend about it later didn't want to bring it up when I was at the garage. Anyways, just wanted to make sure everything was fine. As for the specs themselves I'm not gonna race but I do plan on tracking my car at some point this year. caster is the angle of the tire in relation to the overview if I'm not mistaken... damn... 2 degrees is a f'in lot no?

BlasTech
07-09-2004, 09:55 AM
As for the specs themselves I'm not gonna race but I do plan on tracking my car at some point this year. caster is the angle of the tire in relation to the overview if I'm not mistaken... damn... 2 degrees is a f'in lot no?

That caster is perfectly fine, in fact, desirable... from what I've seen its not really adjsutable anyways without special modification.

If you take it to the track, you'll wish you had more negative camber up front. For daily driving, you'll be perfectly fine as is.

bao_pay
07-09-2004, 11:18 PM
That caster is perfectly fine, in fact, desirable... from what I've seen its not really adjsutable anyways without special modification.

If you take it to the track, you'll wish you had more negative camber up front. For daily driving, you'll be perfectly fine as is.

thanks guys. this is exactly what i needed to hear. I didn't want to approach my friend and be like what does this all mean... just glad that its all straightened out... I figure it should of been pretty good because the car drives amazing now.

Silvershadow
07-10-2004, 01:01 AM
:D :D Any time !