PDA

View Full Version : first oilchange, tuneup, checkup?

HATCHirokuSi
07-09-2004, 01:55 AM
can some one quickly tell me when the first tuneup check up and oilchange should be for my 04 si. cant find the manual =\ . a list would be great of what to do at what mileages. thanx

Karim
07-09-2004, 09:19 AM
I don't know when it is for your car but you can probably find all the information you need on the Honda Owner Link website... https://www.ahm-ownerlink.com/login.asp

Best of luck,
Karim

Chinaboy
07-09-2004, 02:54 PM
ok here is my list for my ep3... i don't go by the book much execpt for big things like major tune ups

3000 oil change STAY WITH MINERAL OIL
6000 oil change STAY WITH MINERAL OIL
9000 oil change CAN GO SYN OR KEEP MINERAL OIL

Honda says that you can keep syn in for 6K so...

15000, oil change (if you changed syn, you have to keep on using it) or go ahead on with changeing mineral oil, tune up for small parts and whatever it the dealers gives you on the list

I bring in my car for syn change every 3000 even tho it can last 6K.. I juss don't want to leave it in, cuz i toy with my engine, and new syn oil is always good.

You can always go to ur dealership, they will give you a paper on when to do examinations and tune ups, and the appropriate milage to do so.

Silvershadow
07-09-2004, 06:03 PM
I say do the 1st oil change @ 500 miles.When they built the engine there might b metal shavings,etc left or came loose since you got d car.I agree stay w/mineral oil.

HATCHirokuSi
07-10-2004, 08:44 AM
im kinda late for that 500 mile mark but ima take it in today, im at 3500. thanx for the info.

Surprise
07-14-2004, 06:55 PM
ok here is my list for my ep3... i don't go by the book much execpt for big things like major tune ups

3000 oil change STAY WITH MINERAL OIL
6000 oil change STAY WITH MINERAL OIL
9000 oil change CAN GO SYN OR KEEP MINERAL OIL

Honda says that you can keep syn in for 6K so...

15000, oil change (if you changed syn, you have to keep on using it) or go ahead on with changeing mineral oil, tune up for small parts and whatever it the dealers gives you on the list

I bring in my car for syn change every 3000 even tho it can last 6K.. I juss don't want to leave it in, cuz i toy with my engine, and new syn oil is always good.

You can always go to ur dealership, they will give you a paper on when to do examinations and tune ups, and the appropriate milage to do so.

1. Honda says nothing regarding special OCI (oil change interval) when using synthetic.
2. You don't have to keep using synthetic, hence blended oils. You can change back and forth all day with no harm, although you won't get all the benefits of SYN.
3. Factory OCI is 5k for extreme conditions and 10K for normal.
4. I have used 7.5K OCI with M1 that included a decent amount of track time and had an oil analysis almost identical to 5k results and am planning on going 10k. And a dino oil analysis at 5k that contained hardly any wear materials. Changing out oil at less than 5k is wasting money on any non-radically modified NA car. But hey if it makes you feel better, you can mail the difference to me! :tongue:

Silvershadow
07-14-2004, 07:18 PM
Granted engines are built better these days,synthetic oil tend to cause rings to take longer to seat.Loss perf.&mpg.That won't show on oil analyis.And from hearing all these guys w/magnetic oil plugs reporting metal bits on the magnet.Change the oil at 500 miles.It's only 10-$15. :rolleyes: I agree that 5K interval is good.