PDA

View Full Version : sideskirt.... dillemma

Chinaboy
07-09-2004, 03:38 PM
ok guys... im in a dillemma

ok... CTR sides from Showstoppers (replica), look exactly the same as the sideskirts from HFP?

ok i mean... fitment is an issue... i still need to paint the ones from SS if I do get them so... the price for the two is off my 100 in my math am I correct?

So if they both LOOK the same, and i am worried about fitment, then I should go with the HFP sideskirts then?

i think

EnJaNir
07-09-2004, 03:42 PM
Actually they are not the same. If you look at pictures the HFP skirt is actually taller in the front section then the JDM skirt.

Chinaboy
07-09-2004, 03:46 PM
thank michael for pointing that out... my chinese eyes might be too small to catch that part... or i never really studied a HFP sideskirt before.

Now i really got some thinking to do

what would u guys do? go SS and go replica? or go with the HFP sides?

raiyo
07-09-2004, 03:56 PM
comes down to cost really. get an estimate on installation/paint on the replica JDM skirts, and see how much is the HFP shipped.

Chinaboy
07-09-2004, 03:58 PM
comes down to cost really. get an estimate on installation/paint on the replica JDM skirts, and see how much is the HFP shipped.

I know that gary and them will hook it up... but juss thinking about it makes me ache..

150 - 175 for skirts (used or new)
150 - 250 for installation and paint

so i guess it would be cheaper to go replica

but the problem im worried about is the fitment of the fiberglass kits... that is the main concern I guess... thanks for waiting for me to pinpoint my fear...

so shoot im worried about fitment!

raiyo
07-09-2004, 04:06 PM
wtf... u guessing on those price or he did some skirts for u in the past? that fool said he usually charge 3 bills for paint and installation on skirts. I guess 250 is friend price, but..... most of his customers are all friends, so I dunno.

how much u paid for your spoiler painted? I wanna know :D

how much is the HFP skirts shipped?

250 for new replica JDM skirts + 250 paint/install = 5 bills

HFP = ?? bills

EnJaNir
07-09-2004, 04:14 PM
thank michael for pointing that out... my chinese eyes might be too small to catch that part... or i never really studied a HFP sideskirt before.

Now i really got some thinking to do

what would u guys do? go SS and go replica? or go with the HFP sides?

Hey man Im half chinese....anyways HFP are 462 from http://www.handa-accessories.com/civicsi.html

Chinaboy
07-09-2004, 04:22 PM
wtf... u guessing on those price or he did some skirts for u in the past? that fool said he usually charge 3 bills for paint and installation on skirts. I guess 250 is friend price, but..... most of his customers are all friends, so I dunno.

how much u paid for your spoiler painted? I wanna know :D

how much is the HFP skirts shipped?

250 for new replica JDM skirts + 250 paint/install = 5 bills

HFP = ?? bills

ok well between me and you... I got it painted for 100 for the spolier

the price on showstoppers for USDM Type R replicas are 175 on the advertised price... UNDER VENDOR SALES

So i guess with paint it will be 200... or less i hope if anything i will put them on myself.

HFP are shipped 462 at HandA

raiyo
07-09-2004, 04:43 PM
I'd go with the HFP. Reason? Only cost 1 bill extra, and you're not getting some easily crackable fiberglass.

I dunno how install goes with the two. For the fiberglass skirts, I know you'll need to get a bolt/screw to hold the rear in place. The front could be held up by the stock holes from the mud guards. To put the skirts on good and secure, you'll need to put some windshield glue (once the skirt is on, it's on for GOOD). Gary once told me to get the rear upper part of the skirt to stay in place you'll have to put a bolt there so it down open up a crack when the double sided-tape comes off. That's an additional peice of mind for SURE your skirt wont come off. As for the HFP, it's made for the 04, so I'm pretty sure there will be clips on the skirt. It'll be an easy installation. Pop off the stock skirt, install the HFP skirt. The HFP also has factory OEM double-sided tape on the rear top area that is heated/melt into the skirt. Giving the tape a much stronger holding ability. That is why I choose the HFP over the fiberglass.

Hook me up with your factory skirts, and I'll MAKE Gary to get u a cheaper cost in painting the skirts, heheh.

EDIT: I wonder how much I paid to paint my spoiler. Damn... I forgot. Short term memory sucks. if he charge u 1 bill, then i think i should be around that, heheh, I hope. Pretty sure he didnt charge me over 150.

jsonpham
07-09-2004, 10:59 PM
Doesnt SS have USDM CTR sideskirts for our cars meaning it should be a snug fit?
Is this true or im just dreaming it should be a snug fit.....lol

raiyo
07-12-2004, 10:05 PM
Doesnt SS have USDM CTR sideskirts for our cars meaning it should be a snug fit?
Is this true or im just dreaming it should be a snug fit.....lol

i think it fits snug. it still comes down to how u install it, hehe

jsonpham
07-12-2004, 11:31 PM
thanks raiyo!