PDA

View Full Version : SS brake line suggestions

Ph0nK
07-09-2004, 05:06 PM
I'm looking to buy a set of stainless steel brake lines for my EP. Any suggestions on what to get, where to get them?

Silvershadow
07-09-2004, 05:35 PM
Don't really care for them.Friends say it's less spongy.Just more bling bling.

mrfixit687
07-09-2004, 06:28 PM
russel ss brake lines, u can get them from www.raceshopper.com, or i think hondawerx on here carries them

madbrain
07-09-2004, 07:30 PM
Talk to Sherwin at brakezone.com.

raiyo
07-09-2004, 08:14 PM
russel ss brake lines, u can get them from www.raceshopper.com, or i think hondawerx on here carries them

good luck on buying from HondaWerx. Dude has been ignoring my email or PM from 2 forums. He doesn't want my business, so I doubt he'll do some brake lines.

arctic-k20
07-10-2004, 06:14 AM
ive got russel ss lines and also their speed bleeders - i would highly suggest if you are going to change the lines add the speed bleeders as well - cuts brake bleeding time down to 1/4 of what it would normally take !!

dontknow
07-10-2004, 06:26 AM
WTF??? :confused:

Don't really care for them.Friends say it's less spongy.Just more bling bling.

trk
07-10-2004, 07:32 AM
good luck on buying from HondaWerx. Dude has been ignoring my email or PM from 2 forums. He doesn't want my business, so I doubt he'll do some brake lines.

FYI folks ... the same thing happen to BlackOut.... months waiting on a camber kit with no contact from HondaWerx. Eventually they couldn't provide it and returned the money and blamed it on ClubRSX not letting Ingalls sell to HondaWerx.

Silvershadow
07-10-2004, 11:37 AM
Sponginess is in the brk pedal feel not in how the hose feels.
Money better spent on the "Speed Bleeders".These are Budda sent(God sent).

CSI02
07-10-2004, 11:43 AM
Mugen offers a very nice set of lines for the EP. Goodrige too?

oogy-boogy
07-11-2004, 07:10 AM
Not sure on the quality but there's a vendor on Ebay who sells them for ~65.00.

bioevolve
07-11-2004, 08:42 AM
Not sure on the quality but there's a vendor on Ebay who sells them for ~65.00.

I got mine from EBAY for $80 shipped and they were Russell. They are still working great. :D

*thread resurrected*

i'm getting ready to buy Techna Fit ss brake lines from corsportusa. it offers sleeves as an option.

-are the sleeves something i have to put on myself, or is it already covered?

-are these sleeves suppose to protect the steel braiding from debris?

FCobra94
04-30-2008, 11:44 AM
*thread resurrected*

i'm getting ready to buy Techna Fit ss brake lines from corsportusa. it offers sleeves as an option.

-are the sleeves something i have to put on myself, or is it already covered?

-are these sleeves suppose to protect the steel braiding from debris?
I got mine from here where it was cheaper:

http://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1865027&page=1

There are better pictures there, but basically the sleeves are like a rubber shrink wrap which they put on that goes over the steel braiding. They say it's mostly for looks, but it definitely seems to help protect the hoses from debris.

RedSiBaron
04-30-2008, 11:52 AM

There are better pictures there, but basically the sleeves are like a rubber shrink wrap which they put on that goes over the steel braiding. They say it's mostly for looks, but it definitely seems to help protect the hoses from debris.

yah the sleeves cant hurt, thats one of the problems with many SS lines, is street use ends up getting shit inside the lines and wears down the rubber tubing...a lot of companies are basicly doing this sleeve, on the inside...

for instance i got lines from a german company called goodridge, they are like that, and im happy...then agian ive only had them 3 weeks, so i dont think ill have any problems yet haha

hhmmm...that is cheaper. but i've never used honda-tech before.

i'll look into it.

clutch797
04-30-2008, 12:16 PM
I got mine from truehonda. work great for me.

FCobra94
04-30-2008, 01:45 PM
hhmmm...that is cheaper. but i've never used honda-tech before.

i'll look into it.
Yeah, I can understand your concern. I have ordered from that particular seller with no problems though and got my order fast :mcool:

metalviper
04-30-2008, 03:09 PM
I have corsport lines. im not sure what the difference is with or w/o sleeves but they are good quality. no problems so far

dragon208
04-30-2008, 04:45 PM
I'm using goodridge :-) not bad.. but then again i haven't really used other's besides my friend's Mugen ones... only drove it for a bit but those were really good compare the goodridge.. need to drive it for a day or two to really tell u..

RedSiBaron
05-01-2008, 06:50 AM
I'm using goodridge :-) not bad.. but then again i haven't really used other's besides my friend's Mugen ones... only drove it for a bit but those were really good compare the goodridge.. need to drive it for a day or two to really tell u..

heh i was going to have the mugen lines but scott at king didnt tell me that they had the end of the month shipment so i couldnt really wait any longer, so i bought the goodridge ones...im not complaining, they were a lot cheaper and still really good lines...

MugsyTheGr8
05-01-2008, 07:15 AM
heh i was going to have the mugen lines but scott at king didnt tell me that they had the end of the month shipment so i couldnt really wait any longer, so i bought the goodridge ones...im not complaining, they were a lot cheaper and still really good lines...

where did you order your goodridge lines?

T_Virus
05-01-2008, 10:02 AM
I just got myself some stoptech, don't know why I went that far...I'm still waiting for my last rotor to come in so I can get them installed...

RedSiBaron
05-01-2008, 01:34 PM
where did you order your goodridge lines?

i had my local shop do it, cuz i was hunting for disks and he stocked the type r (type s) brembo blanks and while i was at it i had him order the lines and i cancelled my order for the mugen lines and stoptechs...stoptech was merging with powerslot and wasnt shipping any product out, so it became a nightmare...

SICaudio
05-01-2008, 09:08 PM
Bought my rears from Stoptech, fronts came with Stoptech kit. I can't comment on the 'feel' as I went from stock to Stoptech... Swap is easy

VividSI
05-11-2008, 06:00 PM
I ordered my stoptech slotted rotors a month and a half ago and just got the rears. They also sent powerslot front rotors that have a different color than the stoptech. What the hell is wrong with this company. Im about to tell them I dont want any of it because they want your money but cant deliver.

T_Virus
05-12-2008, 08:52 AM
I ordered my stoptech slotted rotors a month and a half ago and just got the rears. They also sent powerslot front rotors that have a different color than the stoptech. What the hell is wrong with this company. Im about to tell them I dont want any of it because they want your money but cant deliver.

heh, I ordered my cyro power slot rotors from autopartswarehouse and what I receive was 1 rear left, 1 rear right and 2 front left...but I've goten it straighten out with them...

VividSI
05-14-2008, 07:00 PM
Its been a month and a half and they keep forgeting to call me to let me know whats going on. I think its time to get the type S swap and send all this crap back.

T_Virus
05-15-2008, 07:22 AM
Its been a month and a half and they keep forgeting to call me to let me know whats going on. I think its time to get the type S swap and send all this crap back.

Did you order them from Stoptech itself or one of their affiliations?

RedSiBaron
05-15-2008, 09:17 AM
Did you order them from Stoptech itself or one of their affiliations?

i think thats the problem with them right now, what scott over at king was telling me, since stoptech is merging with powerslot their heads are so up their asses in the merger that they arent shipping anything out...i had disks ordered and just went with brembos cuz it didnt look like they were going to ship, really wanted those cryo treated ones...oh well...

i think the only way to get those disks right now is finding a shop/distributor with them in stock from when they were still shipping...if you are dealing directly with stoptech or a distributor that doesnt stock and just places orders (or ran out and is having to place your order with them, like kingMS) then you are screwed and wont get them until they get the merger sorted out