PDA

View Full Version : turbo

rhs29
11-02-2002, 02:55 AM
does anyone have info on a turbo kit for the ep civic....my cousin has a turbo LS integra with a manual swap and i need to keep up with him so i need turbo, now!

ssvr6
11-02-2002, 06:32 AM
Get nitrous.

Steve

02blksi
11-02-2002, 11:40 AM
build your own custom kit! It will take some time and money but youll learn alot in the process. Sometimes it seems like people think turbo's are bolt on and go! Those are usually the people you see on the side of the road. Just some food for thought. --Joe:confused:

krispeas
11-02-2002, 05:49 PM
Greddy is working on a turbo for the 02 civic si and the other k series engines. the problem with the k series engine is that the fuel delivery system is located inside of the gas tank, and the factory fuel delivery will not keep up with a turbo or supercharger. I was reading honda tech magazine, they had a whole article on this topic.

ssvr6
11-02-2002, 06:17 PM
The main issue is the lack of the return fuel line. The fix is to add one. (That's what one of the major companies did.)

Steve

Hondatech
11-02-2002, 07:41 PM
The best way to feed fuel to the fire (and I hope GReddy is gonna use this method, since they have been with their last few DOHC VTEC turbo kits) is to use bigger injectors, and some way to properly control them (GReddy E-Manage piggyback unit springs to mind). Second place would be secondary injectors in the intake plumbing with some control unit (ERL-2 like on FMAX turbo kits). Running a return line and pressure regulator is an overkill amount of work for a hokey method of fuel control.

"Hokey, you say? So why do lots of bolt on kits use rising rate regulators??" 'Cuze they're cheap, they do work ok for low boost applications, and anyone with a screwdriver and a pulse can install one and make it work. Great for a bolt on kit. A really well developed kit is gonna use one of the two methods mentioned above. If the HKS kit relies on adding a return line, then you won't find one on my car.

02blksi
11-02-2002, 10:19 PM
SDS EIC! I used it and loved it! IMO youll never catch me with a FMU!! --joe

02SilverSiHB
11-02-2002, 11:29 PM
Originally posted by Hondatech
The best way to feed fuel to the fire (and I hope GReddy is gonna use this method, since they have been with their last few DOHC VTEC turbo kits) is to use bigger injectors, and some way to properly control them (GReddy E-Manage piggyback unit springs to mind). Second place would be secondary injectors in the intake plumbing with some control unit (ERL-2 like on FMAX turbo kits). Running a return line and pressure regulator is an overkill amount of work for a hokey method of fuel control.

"Hokey, you say? So why do lots of bolt on kits use rising rate regulators??" 'Cuze they're cheap, they do work ok for low boost applications, and anyone with a screwdriver and a pulse can install one and make it work. Great for a bolt on kit. A really well developed kit is gonna use one of the two methods mentioned above. If the HKS kit relies on adding a return line, then you won't find one on my car.
yeah, FMU's suck. JRSC use them and I couldn't stand the damn thing