PDA

View Full Version : How to take off the stock shift knob and put on the Spoon Titanium Shift Knob

Junjai
07-10-2004, 12:49 AM
Hey guys, my brother got a shift knob for me in HK and i was wondering if any of you guys know how to take off the stock shift knob properly and putting on the new aftermarket spoon shift knob. Your advice is needed! :D

EnJaNir
07-10-2004, 01:02 AM
The stock knob screws off, however you will want to either buy a CTR boot, or get the Acura shift boot adaptar($6.xx) to make an aftermarket knob look correct

BlackSi613nin
07-10-2004, 01:03 AM
ok, this is a very VERY intricate procedure.. be very cafeful as you might break a nail!!!!

first thing, theres a chrome clip that you pull down from the stock shift knob!! this may take a little force, but i managed to muster up the strength to do it, once that is down, you brace yourself, and grab on to the knob, and twist it off, unscrew untill it falls off.. then comes the hard part..
to put the new one on... you stick it on top of the screw looking shifter assembly, and screw it on.. be VERY carful because if you screw it in wrong the shift pattern may be upside down and you will NOT know where 1st gear is!!!

joHn

EnJaNir
07-10-2004, 01:05 AM
honestly though, be careful with that Ti knob, I've read that a few people tightened it down to much at it basically cracked in half

BlackSi613nin
07-10-2004, 01:06 AM
honestly though, be careful with that Ti knob, I've read that a few people tightened it down to much at it basically cracked in half

aww your such a sweet heart... E thug my ass!!!!

RMC22
07-10-2004, 01:06 AM
Do you have any of the following?
1) CTR Boot
or
2) Adapter (From Honda)
Otherwise the results won't be pretty.

How to remove the stock knob:
1) With your right hand (or left if you are weird), grasp the knob and form a grip. This is the grip you will use to remove the stock shift knob.
2) Take a deep breath.
3) Turn the knob to the right.
4) Wrong way! Righty-tighty, lefty-loosy!
5) Turn the knob the other way.
6) Shit it won't move! Grab that chrome piece and get it down off the adapter inside the knob.
7) Keep unscrewing.
8) Oh shit! No more threads!
9) Pick it up and put it in a box.
10) Mail it to me.

EnJaNir
07-10-2004, 01:08 AM
2) Adapter (From Honda)

Ahh come on man..its from Acura fool :cool:

RMC22
07-10-2004, 01:11 AM
Ahh come on man..its from Acura fool :cool:

Boo, my bag says Honda :tongue:

Shift Boot Adapter
08999-BAK-100

Made in USA
Look it up, bitch!
owned

But it is the same part used on the RSX and sold by Acura hahahaha

EnJaNir
07-10-2004, 01:16 AM
Ok fine. It still is a valid Acura part also.

BlackSi613nin
07-10-2004, 01:19 AM
or you can use the USDM one and do the DIY that RAYIO (sorry if spelled wrong, its fucking 317AM so give me a break) did useing the stock OEM rubber shifter bushings. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26683

there you go

Junjai
07-10-2004, 01:28 AM
Hey thanks guys for the quick responses....I'll let you guys know how i am doing after i am done with it..thanks! :D

Chinaboy
07-13-2004, 01:16 AM
ok well atlease we know people have done it...

people broke the spoon TI knob??? are you joking me?! we'll we are gonna have to be careful then... wow i can't believe the Ti knob will crack.. that is some shit...

its light as hell almost like plastic feeling if you asked me. but yeah make sure you find those items junjai!

Civicvtec1ps
07-13-2004, 10:35 PM
ok well atlease we know people have done it...

people broke the spoon TI knob??? are you joking me?! we'll we are gonna have to be careful then... wow i can't believe the Ti knob will crack.. that is some shit...

Yup, Alot of people from s2ki broke thier spoon T1 shift knob...
They returned and got new ones.
No big deal i suppose.

raiyo
07-16-2004, 09:41 PM
or you can use the USDM one and do the DIY that RAYIO (sorry if spelled wrong, its fucking 317AM so give me a break) did useing the stock OEM rubber shifter bushings. http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26683

there you go

hey Junjai, if you need that rubber bushings, hit me up.

Yup, Alot of people from s2ki broke thier spoon T1 shift knob...
They returned and got new ones.
No big deal i suppose.

but the dude bought it from Hong Kong.

Chinaboy
07-17-2004, 01:37 AM
ok junjai and i installed the spoon titanium shiftkob... looks cool as hell but the shifter boot got hella small all of a sudden... bought the shifter adaptor from Acura and poped that on and then screwed the knob on, best mod for under one minute.

looks nice too.

raiyo
07-17-2004, 01:21 PM
ok junjai and i installed the spoon titanium shiftkob... looks cool as hell but the shifter boot got hella small all of a sudden... bought the shifter adaptor from Acura and poped that on and then screwed the knob on, best mod for under one minute.

looks nice too.

you're back already?

FurY
07-17-2004, 01:25 PM
Pics? And how do you break a TITANIUM shift knob? :confused:

Chinaboy
07-17-2004, 04:18 PM
yeah raiyo im back.... i been in HK for a month and a half... so its time to come back... the carbring strutst come in two taste, one is aluminm, and then Stainless steel, comes to 1060 for the aluminum and 1160 for the SS i think... they were out of stock but they do have them.

and i donno how people break TI shift nobs... but they are sweet man, I love it. makes the shifting more direct. Perfect fit, and it looks like the shit.