PDA

View Full Version : Please Heeelllp Me!!!!!

BOOST FREAK
07-10-2004, 11:00 AM
watsup guys, I hope you guys can help me...i installed the s2k start button that i ordered thru Honda ..i used a harness out of my old computer to install it..i got power and ground from my lighter/power outlet and then i spliced the other wire into the white/black starter wire...this all worked for about a week and now it wont work at all ..the button still lights up and all my fuses are good...i dont know what to do :confused: ...should i get a new one? should i try a relay? if i do try a relay, what kind of relay do i need? Any help would be great..thanks in advance!

Silvershadow
07-11-2004, 01:56 AM
Did you even use a relay?

BOOST FREAK
07-12-2004, 08:30 AM
no i didnt use a relay...i had read that if u used the oem honda button you wouldnt need one

BOOST FREAK
07-12-2004, 09:42 AM
ok i bought a relay and i got a new button...im not sure how to wire it though...does anyone have a wiring diagram as to hook up the relay..any help would be great

Silvershadow
07-12-2004, 10:00 AM
BOOST FREAK:

no i didnt use a relay...i had read that if u used the oem honda button you wouldnt need one

if it's a S2000.The S2k is wired different.The S2K switch is a low amp switch.U probably toasted the switch.

Any car alarm shop can tell you how to wire up the relay.

Silvershadow
07-12-2004, 10:13 AM
Sorry the alarm shop will show u how to wire the relay,but not the start switch.There was a thread on wiring the switch,but that was WIPED-OUT during the EpHatch overhual.

BOOST FREAK
07-12-2004, 11:38 AM
i shall see when i can go to the local alarm shop..let me cros my fingers...thanks mang