PDA

View Full Version : d2's and knocking

kpjumper
07-10-2004, 11:34 AM
I know this has probably been discussed in another thread but i cant find it. so yeah, everytime i turn my wheel while going at slow speeds i hear a knocking/ clunking noise coming from the front passenger side. I have d2 coilovers for about 3 months now and it just now started to make this noise. it seems like the springs is twisting but im not sure.....any help to fix this is appreciated

Speck
07-10-2004, 05:54 PM
I am getting a noise (actually have always had it) in the front passenger side, only hear it when going over bumps and whatnot, sounds like something is loose. Heard someone say that to try tightening the bolt at the bottom, but there is a sticker there for the warantee.

I am going to be going down near Raleigh before too long, I am going to stop at Urban Imports and see what they can do for me.

-=speck=-

Silvershadow
07-11-2004, 01:41 AM
Sounds like a bad cvc boot,but your cars too new.

kpjumper
07-12-2004, 06:03 PM
naw, i dont think it is the boot. im pretty sure now that it is the spring that is twisting and causing the knocking noise. Is there any cure to this problem?

Silvershadow
07-13-2004, 12:04 AM
How about using plastic tubes like what's used on the OEM or aft.mrkt. springs.

BISDAK-R
07-14-2004, 03:03 AM
Same thing happened to my EP clanking noise when turning with my skunk2 coilovers on, I took the suspension apart and found that the problem was the round plastic bearing that sits at the top of the struts, its a bearing so that when you turn the bearing turns instead of the springs, in my case the bearing was practically crushed, I guess i droped it too low, so I went and got new ones and greased it and it solved the problem.

dtexan
07-14-2004, 09:12 PM
hey bisdak did yours make any clanking when you hit bumps or only when you turned?