PDA

View Full Version : Vibrating third gear???

toe knee
10-29-2002, 11:28 PM
Just got my car back from the dealer today. Its been sitting there for about a week since last wednesday. I brought my car in mainly becuase of the third gear grinding and for other reasons. problems: 1)grinding third gear 2) clutch making clicking sound 3) pas. window makes grinding sound going down 4) pas. shock makes clicking sound at low speeds. (something i wouldn't expect from a $21 k car). Well, when i got there today after school everything seemed fine until he said that next time it happens than I would have to pay for it. He said it was because I race the car and honda doesn't cover that because it is considered abuse. I did not tell him i race car than how can he prove that. Then he goes on and says that If it does happen again and I try to bring it to another Honda than it would come up in the file and that they would not fix it. I was like what if it faulty job and it messes up because of your mechanic and he said he wouldn't fix it. Eventhough i have warranty on my car. My car only has 3,956 miles on it. When i brought it in he asked me if i race the car. He was basically stereotyping me before he even looked at the car. Bringing the car back in thursday for the clutch and the window. They probably did not fix the other stuff becuase i tested it after i got my car and seem to work well until right after i left the dealer- ship the problem came back. Can they do that to me becuase my car is still under warranty? Also going back thursday to bitch at the honda guy!!! The car just doesn't feel the same anymore. :'( Also he told me I had to break in the new gear for about 500 miles and that i could not go pass 60 till that time is up. Sorry for the long post. John eagle Honda is the dealer (also seen in superstreet ads). Need feedback please!!! thanks

Glix2
10-29-2002, 11:40 PM
Ultimately without an Attorney backing you up they own you.

toe knee
10-29-2002, 11:43 PM
Originally posted by Glix2
Ultimately without an Attorney backing you up they own you.
still i shouldn't need a attorney. my car is still under warranty. They should fix it!!! more feedbacks please!!!

fASTBACK
10-29-2002, 11:51 PM
That's not right. They took advantage of you!! First of all, your car is stock. They can't prove that you have raced it. Even if you had an intake they still could have not done anything but fix the problem. I talked to my Honda dealer in Austin about warranty issues. They said that if something goes wrong with the car and they can't link the problem to the modification you did. They can't do anything but to fix the problem. I asked before i got my AEM CAI b/c fear of losing the warranty. And thats what they told me. He didnt even look at your car and he asked if you raced it. Thats fucked up! I wouldn't have left the dealer without bitching and making sure it was down in the computer for warranty issues and not abuse.

BlackSi2002
10-30-2002, 03:20 AM
that happened to my friend in his 2003 Gt V6 tiburon, his clutch went out and they said they would replace it this time, but if it happened again they wouldn't, i mean he a has 120,000 mile warranty on that thing, i figure this from hyundai, but not from honda, BTW he has had the thing in the shop at least 4 times, and his clutch they replaced is bad again, and its in the shop again, haha, that sucks.

yomamaInMySi
10-30-2002, 07:01 AM
Sorry to say, but you may need a lawyer. You see, when you try to bitch and yell and do all those things, it just makes it worse. If you do that, they'll turn around and tell you to fuck off and laugh at you (and yes they will do it). On the other hand if you let a lawyer do the bitching and yelling, then they will listen. I know it's not supposed to be this way, but this is the real world and it does and will happened. Just be cool about it, talk to a manager and explain to him the situation. Also, next time have your girl take the car to the dealer for anything, those fucking pervs will listen to girls more than they'd listen to you. I called my dealer to get an oil change (free for 2 year, deal when I bought the car) and they said that it will take 2 hours to do it. I said ok, book me up. I told my girl to take in and she was out of there is 20 minutes. It worked! Then I checked everything when she brought it home (at my dad's house, he has a lifter at work) to make sure that everything was fine and clean, and everything looked peachy. Aint' that a bitch?

dustinhurley
10-30-2002, 07:43 AM
It is sad, but a lawyer is needed. Some people just don't do their jobs correctly. I'm in the middle of a lawsuit over my Si right now. One way they could have known you race is by scanning your CPU. It records all your driving information, like top speeds and such so that Honda mechanics can detect abuse.

gpt
10-30-2002, 07:52 AM
Even if you have recorded a high top speed as long as you have not raced on the track they should be liable for the damage. The onus should be on them to prove you raced on a track. I mean learning to drive stick can also be heavy on the clutch, and the clutch should be built for this kind of abuse. I agree you shouldn't need an attorney, at least not at the moment. Just don't say anything to incriminate yourself, and only get an attorney if they deny you service.

fASTBACK
10-30-2002, 08:02 AM
Originally posted by dustinhurley
It is sad, but a lawyer is needed. Some people just don't do their jobs correctly. I'm in the middle of a lawsuit over my Si right now. One way they could have known you race is by scanning your CPU. It records all your driving information, like top speeds and such so that Honda mechanics can detect abuse.

No way!! They can do that to detect you driving habits. Thats some shit. I didn't know that. Is this true? How could it be? Is it like a flight recorder on an airplane. Does it record how you go through gears or how high you rev in each gear. If it just detect top speed than they still can't prove your racing because top speed says nothing. Going that fast shouldn't mean you are racing.

"I'm in the middle of a lawsuit over my Si right now."

What happened? Why do you have a law suit against Honda?

myeverlovinsir
10-30-2002, 03:12 PM
I saw a documentary on the "little black box" and yes there are
some parameters such as rpm, speed of the vehicle, abs, etc. that are
recorded, but only retained for the brief period (10 seconds) before
an accident, such as the air bags being deployed. Other than
that there was no mention of overall driving information being
retained in the cpu. This documentary was debating the legal
ramifications of having such data recorded, and even being monitored
by satelite. (In the future) hth.

DocofMind
10-30-2002, 04:24 PM
There are a lot of people on the S2KI website that have had similar issues with the dealers as well. There have been a few instances of people downshifting from 5th to 2nd instead of 4th (remember we have 6 speeds) at high speeds.

Basically blowing the motor. People have actually tried to pawn thiss off onto Honda and claim warranty when it was clear driver error.

Im in no way saying that you are a bad driver, Hondas are notorious for screwy trannies. The s2000 had recalls on MY00 and MY01.

What i am saying is that the dealer does see a lot of stupid shit that people do and try to pass along to them. The most important thing for you to do, is to not get in the service managers bad side. He can screw you over big time. What he told you about other dealers being able to pull up your file is totally true. As much as hurts, be nice, in the end, its only in your favor.

BTW, Honda also seems to be having a problem with window regulators, a lot of s2k's have problems with those too.:eek:

DownTheHatch
10-30-2002, 05:25 PM
Well its good that you got your got your tranny fixed, but the techs at Honda can tell when the car has been through abuse, he can look at the components. When he took the 3rd gear out it probably was grinded badly. A grinded down gear isn't something I would file under warranty, though Honda will replace it. This is just driver abuse. Same with the clutch, he can inspect the wear, at 3,000 miles I would detect the reason for the clutch being worn is the driver. Yet they will take care of this under warranty.

Think of it like this, if you bought a video game, cracked the cd in half and brought it back to the store saying it's defective, would they replace it for free?

I'm not trying to be a jackass, I'm just giving you the straight up facts. Did you change your oil at that last visit? If not I would reccomend it.
The window thing I would consider to be a defect, as many members have this problem.

!@#$%
10-31-2002, 10:31 AM
take it to lute riley off 75 in richardson. when i bought my ep the other day they told me 2394734 times that if ANYTHING is wrong or if im not satified to bring it in.

they were so nice and friendly it was scary. See if they can help you and when they pull up the file....tell them john eagle straight up denied you and you arent happy with their services. if you mention something about the '5 star' rating to lute riley.....they will do ANYTHING to get all 5's. finance told me its important b/c they are trying to get a new dealership and it brings in bonus revenue.

maybe that can help......i tried. :)

SiNoob
10-31-2002, 02:00 PM
Hey supra star what school do you go to? John eagle honda is like right in my area. The salesmen were dickheads so I got mine from Goodson :).

toe knee
10-31-2002, 10:04 PM
i go to langham creek highschool on fm 529 (hwy 6 area). i live about 10 - 15 minutes from john eagle. My car is back in the shop today becuase apparently they did not fix the window, clutch or the suspension. I also the shifter vibrates when it is in third gear. we should meet up next time when i get my car back. the only 02 si's i know im my area is mine, my brother, and this other girl that goes to cy-springs. Also there is a silver one a that panera bread place by john eagle honda.

ballsdeep
11-01-2002, 11:16 AM
If your car is stock and not chipped thats bullshit. If your car is chipped they will link every problem to the extra power your putting through it. Also who fucking cares how you drive your car that shouldnt matter and its none of there business. Who do they think are buying the Si old women who drive 30 on the freeway. What if this was your first stick and your clutch went bad are they going to tell you to bad were not fixing it its your fault you probably dont know how to drive a stick. voiding warrenty due to stereotyping is the craziest shit I've ever heard but I belive it. Damn dealers must be out of there mind. Honda America should be calling you in a few days to see how your service went just tell that how it is bro.

SiNoob
11-01-2002, 05:47 PM
Ahh that's cool supra star, I'm a sophmore at Cy-falls. I still have not seen a single EP on the streets, but some of my friends say they have. What I love about the car is how a lot of people bash it, but as soon as they see it up close and go for a ride, everyone wants one :).

Oh yeah, and I live around Labay Junior High.

TrippZ
11-01-2002, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by SiNoob
Ahh that's cool supra star, I'm a sophmore at Cy-falls. I still have not seen a single EP on the streets, but some of my friends say they have. What I love about the car is how a lot of people bash it, but as soon as they see it up close and go for a ride, everyone wants one :).

fuck man you're a sophomore with an EP?

im a junior (i skipped a grade though, supposed to be a sophomore).

SiNoob
11-01-2002, 07:24 PM
So if you are supposed to be a sophmore, and have/had an ep, whats the big deal?

toe knee
11-01-2002, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by SiNoob

yeah i live like 2 minutes away from labay. I went there for junior high. Whats your name? I might know you.

SiNoob
11-02-2002, 08:29 AM
My name is Kelly, yes, a guy named Kelly. You?

toe knee
11-02-2002, 10:25 AM
My name is tony. I just got my car back and they said they did not find any and that everything was normal. I do not believe that!!! bastards!!! Also the vibrating third gear they said that was normal in all ep's but my brothers doesn't vibrate. Does anybody know who i should contact to complain to? thanks.

toe knee
11-02-2002, 10:29 AM
I just got my car back from John eagle honda for all those problems yall have probably read in my other posts. They said they could not find any problems and that it was all normal in all ep's. 1)clicking clutch 2) grinding third window 3) clicking shock 4) grinding third gear. Well they had my car for a week and they fixed my third gear but didn't fix the other problems.

Spidey
11-02-2002, 10:36 AM
does the gear actually grind going into 3rd or does the shifter itself feel rubbery when shifting into 3rd?
mine feels rubbery, but I thought that was normal, makes me wonder if that's the defect y'all been talking about....:o

02blksi
11-02-2002, 10:36 AM
Tony I merged your two threads together. Good Luck --Joe

toe knee
11-02-2002, 11:34 AM
thanks no problem. sorry for the inconvience it may have caused you.:D

02blksi
11-02-2002, 11:53 AM
naaa no inconvenience bud. :)Good luck with your problem. --Joe