PDA

View Full Version : Black Housing Lights

NewCar
07-10-2004, 07:42 PM
I am interested in getting JDM lights, but I am having problems distinguishing real JDM lights from the aftermarkets ones. Some people in ebay is selling black housing lights for 138 but I am not sure if they are selling aftermarket ones or JDM one. Could someone please help, and how much should I be paying for a real JDM headlights. Also, in certain pics, the jdm headlights don't look like it's blackhousing, look more like chrome, correct me if I am wrong. Thank you.

oinojo
07-10-2004, 07:51 PM
I am interested in getting JDM lights, but I am having problems distinguishing real JDM lights from the aftermarkets ones. Some people in ebay is selling black housing lights for 138 but I am not sure if they are selling aftermarket ones or JDM one. Could someone please help, and how much should I be paying for a real JDM headlights. Also, in certain pics, the jdm headlights don't look like it's blackhousing, look more like chrome, correct me if I am wrong. Thank you.

the jdm headlights have a gunmetal finish within excluding the turn signal area...these usually cost around 800-900 dollars, but some ephatch members are selling these for like 250-350 <---Great Deal...but yeah...ebay is sometimes the worst place to find jdm parts...except for the coin holder

Peking
07-10-2004, 08:16 PM
Moved to lighting, guess it also depends on who you buy it from too.

03silverEP
07-13-2004, 09:07 AM
the real CTR lights are gunmetal colored and cost $375-$400

the fo CTR lights, (which look like the DIY lights) have a black color, and cost $175 (not bad for the price)

the CTR HID lights have a black color and cost $1000 plus, a guy has a set for sale in classified for $900, FIZZ bump,bump, he's a good guy.

FurY
07-13-2004, 09:11 AM
If I were you I'd just paint them gunmetal myself.

Look for a thread on DIY black housing headlights and instead of blacking them out, just use gunmetal.

civic hatch boi
07-13-2004, 09:39 AM
the jdm headlights have a gunmetal finish within excluding the turn signal area...these usually cost around 800-900 dollars, but some ephatch members are selling these for like 250-350 <---Great Deal...but yeah...ebay is sometimes the worst place to find jdm parts...except for the coin holder

they do not cost 800-900. maybe the jdm CTR's with HId's do.