PDA

View Full Version : suspension. soft or stiff

nio619
07-10-2004, 08:55 PM
whut up ppl. im fairly new to the world of suspension. i wanted to know which will give a smoother ride on the bumpy roads, a stiff suspension or a soft suspension? ive decided to go with the eibach sportlines, is the ride smoother over the bumps than the stock height? and are the shocks out there i can buy to smooth out the ride?

amctmg
07-10-2004, 09:44 PM
Any aftermarket suspension is going to be stiffer but you can counter the rough ride with lower tire pressure

DarkSiRacer
07-10-2004, 11:18 PM
IMO when you start doing suspension work you try to STIFFEN the car... Sportlines will give you a stiffer ride... Stiffening the car you lose ride quality.

nio619
07-10-2004, 11:38 PM
after i put on eibach sportlines, can i put on aftermarket shocks to improve the ride quality?

FattyMcJ
07-11-2004, 12:31 AM
after i put on eibach sportlines, can i put on aftermarket shocks to improve the ride quality?

You can..yes.

If you don't you run the risk of blowing your stock shocks....but it's not likely to happen very quickly.

Koni Yellow's are an EXCELLENT choice if you want to upgrade your shocks later on down the road. Reasonably priced, good quality (contrary to what some say, I know, I've had them...AND raced on them).

It's an option.. :rolleyes:

Silvershadow
07-11-2004, 01:29 AM
If they make Bilstiens(german) for your car.they're smooth riding and good handling.Used onbimmers & Porsches.

Silvershadow
07-11-2004, 01:30 AM
If they make Bilstiens(german) shocks for your car.they're smooth riding and good handling.Used onbimmers & Porsches.

LiLxKeNnY
07-18-2004, 04:05 PM
jus keep the stock ones!!! ... not bad IMO

Silvershadow
07-18-2004, 04:09 PM
He want,s smoother. :p

LiLxKeNnY
07-20-2004, 08:12 AM
isnt that even possible ... after market ones are usalli stiffer

FattyMcJ
07-20-2004, 01:27 PM
isnt that even possible ... after market ones are usalli stiffer

Stiffer doesn't mean rougher.

Stiff shocks mean less "bounce" from stiff springs. Weak shocks or even blown shocks means you'll be bouncing up and down all day. So..for smooth....Koni's set to full soft would be just right....firm enough to handlle the springs, yet soft enough to keep you from feeling every little crack in the road.