PDA

View Full Version : ss projectors and hid

KingGreg86
07-11-2004, 12:27 AM
where is the best place to buy an hid kit? and which kit would i need to buy if i bought the projector style headlights from ss? is the bulb size changed from h4, im not to savvy when it comes to these things, just wondering. hids are soo sexy and i absolutly love the projector style headlights! I MUST HAVE BOTH!

access_Si
07-12-2004, 07:03 PM
check out xenondepot.com and also optauto.com for the ep projector housing. :)

Ocelaris
07-13-2004, 10:32 AM
If you want projectors and HIDs, best not to use the cheaper quality aftermarket type projectors. First of all they're meant for halogen, and do poorly when used with HIDs. Secondly, you can do a retrofit with the best projectors you can buy for the price of just the Xenondepot kit if you do a little leg work. Thirdly if you do a retrofit you can get Bi-Xenon projectors so you can keep your hi beams. Check out my BMW E46 retrofit in this forum, or the other DowntheHatch's 350z retrofit... though he opted not for Bi-xenon. Oh, you also won't get the shimmer of HIDs, that color changing that starts purple, goes to blue, then ends up pure white as a car with color modified projector has... modifying the projector is easy, I have links posted in my thread, or PM me if you have any questions, there's a whole lot of people out there doing retrofits these days. GL