PDA

View Full Version : Help!! Tie-rod end replacement

SiGirl
07-11-2004, 02:33 PM
Help!! We were trying to fix a rattle in my suspension, and inadvertently stripped the tie-rod end (also popped the boot). I ordered a replacement from the dealership, and now I can't get the tie-rod end to separate from the actual tie rod!!! I've been working on this all day. Any advice?????

serialdriller
07-11-2004, 10:54 PM
take it to a shop you know that can fix that!! :) thats all i can suggest! :)

!@#$%
07-12-2004, 12:43 PM
if it's driveable, i'd say hold out until the replacement comes in. If you have the replacement and still cant get it out....cut it off at the threads. I mean...you are going to replace it anyway.

LiLxKeNnY
07-12-2004, 04:17 PM
hmmmm it was easy for me to replace the tierods ... r u turning it the rite way???

SiGirl
07-12-2004, 04:24 PM
Well, we sure thought we were turning it the right way. I just wondered if there was some sort of trick to getting it off, like, twist the actual tie rod one way and the tie rod end the other. The sucker does not want to come off. Have sprayed PB blasted on it and everything. ACKKKKKK

LiLxKeNnY
07-18-2004, 04:02 PM
hope you got it out ... sux if you hafta replace the axle!

SiGirl
07-18-2004, 04:29 PM
Duuude. I finally got it off. I had to let PB Blaster sit on it for a few days. Sigh. I needed to replace my OEM springs, so that I could take it in to the dealership, and the tie-rod end thing started with that. I am a victim of the whole squeaky steering rack phenomenon. If the dealership won't replace the steering rack, I am selling my EP. I will be totally disappointed in Honda if they don't remedy this. I'll let y'all know what Honda says. Thanks for the help!!

Peking
07-18-2004, 05:13 PM
hope you got it out ... sux if you hafta replace the axle!

LOL, Tie Rod has nothing to do with the axle folk :D

Glad you got it off, I have torn bushings on both sides. So I will be handling that issue soon (replacing them). So I guess you cannot just wrench it off, the Tie Rod end :confused: