PDA

View Full Version : xlr8, Mugen/King question

dustinhurley
11-02-2002, 04:31 PM
Do you know if the Mugen grill kit fits the USDM bumper without mods? And, does the King EP have a Mugen intake on it? I'm looking into the grill kit and the intake. If you look at the front grill, it makes more of the air go to one side, and the intake has a funnel that looks as if it meets with this hole making a ram-air effect. So what I'm asking is, does the grill fit and will the air box fit? King won't reply to my emial.
http://www.mugen-power.com/street/civic_ep/images/grille.gif
http://www.mugen-power.com/street/integra/images/airbox.gif

xlr8
11-02-2002, 04:36 PM
im not possitive if the grill will fit the usdm bumper, because they had jdm bumpers on their si. yes they did have a mugen airbox on it and the grill and airbox work together as a fresh air or cold air system. scott said the mugen air box will fit our cars when he was looking under my hood. the guys at king probably arent sure how to answer your question about if the grill will fit, because they havent tried it. unlike some shops king will not tell you information they dont know to be complety true. ill try and stop at king next week and ask scott or tim, tim put the si together, if the grill should fit

DownTheHatch
11-02-2002, 07:48 PM
The Mugen grille will fit.

I know this because the HASport Si is fitted with the type-r grille and the Mugen is made to the same specs as the type-r grille.

IceD out N CALI
11-02-2002, 08:12 PM
maybe this is a dumb question, but where can u buy this grille from?

DownTheHatch
11-02-2002, 08:16 PM
http://www.kingmotorsports.com/products/mugen/civic_ep/

$250 and needs to be painted.

2k2civicSi
11-02-2002, 10:46 PM
does any one know where i can get the air box mugen

xlr8
11-03-2002, 07:26 AM
its out of their rsx, so its probably in the rsx section on kings website

dustinhurley
11-03-2002, 11:47 AM
thanks a lot xlr8

2k2civicSi
11-03-2002, 10:41 PM
you know im was just looking at the pic and the grill fits into the whole space and the type-r's bumper isnt as deep as ares so im not sure if the grill would fit into it excatly but yet it would alow the stock grill to fit

dustinhurley
11-04-2002, 10:31 PM
I'm pretty sure the differences in the bumpers are after the part that would affect the Mugen grill. Not sure though.

xlr8, if you talk to King about the grill and/or the airbox, ask if the airbox will fit without major modification. If you look under the hood, it seems as if the battery would interfere with the funnel connecting to the grill. I'm really interested in this stuff and, like I said, I'm having problems contacting King. Thanks a lot.

dustinhurley
11-05-2002, 01:30 PM
King replied: Thank you for your e-mail. The Mugen air box does not fit a US spec car. There is a problem with the air bow hitting the master brake cly.
This is not a problem in japan since they have right hand drive. Mugen will be redesigning the air box for the US spec cars. We are not sure when this will be avaialble.
Please keep an eye on our web site for the latest updates.

Regards
King Motorsports

xlr8
11-05-2002, 04:14 PM
i spoke to bob at king today and he said the mugen grill will not fit the usdm bumbers, just the jdm version. i didnt ask about the airbox, but i see you got a response already.

dustinhurley
11-06-2002, 01:59 PM
http://www.boomplustoys.net/semashow/images/semashow049.jpg

See those big ass chrome lights staring at you? This means Mugen parts for the USDM EP Si. I will buy that grill the minute it hits the market.

xlr8
11-06-2002, 04:02 PM
[i]Originally posted by dustinhurley

See those big ass chrome lights staring at you? This means Mugen parts for the USDM EP Si. I will buy that grill the minute it hits the market. [/B]
those are the usdm headlights, but it is the jdm front and rear bumpers. they are much shorter then they look in pics. bob and scott at king bith said they will be selling the jdm bumpers as well as the ctr sideskirts. scott also added that they would be cheaper from king then from options, but he wasnt sure how much yet