PDA

View Full Version : BTCC and why i'm moving to europe

chakra71
11-02-2002, 06:02 PM
So i'm sitting, staring at the tv watching the cars on BTCC and i'm thinking... why do i sit here in america and dream about those cars... yeah... two hours of btcc and i plan my move, anyone know of good jobs over europe somewhere... anywhere? maybe even japan. doh... commercial's over.

ssvr6
11-02-2002, 06:15 PM
LOL! If you're looking for a roommate, let me know!

;)

Steve

IceD out N CALI
11-02-2002, 06:18 PM
that would be funny if someone actually did move to europe strictly for the cars:D

NamingException
11-02-2002, 06:22 PM
Just think of all the guys who moved over to Europe because of a girl. Probably half of them ended up splitting with the girl. Your affair with autos can go on as long as you want it to. Besides, Europe is cool.

Go for it!

steve_jones
11-02-2002, 08:08 PM
Comne on over, its great ( apart from the crappy winter weather )_

And once ur over here u will be able to get ur hands on a CTR :)

Steve

jaydub
11-02-2002, 08:19 PM
I recorded the whole two hours. I'm going to see if I can encode it in divx or something, at least, the important parts. :)

BlasTech
11-02-2002, 08:22 PM
Please do at least encode the short honda segment between races 3 and 4!!!

jaydub
11-02-2002, 08:27 PM
yeah that's the part I was talking about, with the intro of the car and that stuff. Sadly the races were anything but good for the CTR. :o hahaha

Mechanic
11-03-2002, 03:29 AM
I agree with the other writers that the sedan ("saloon") racing in England and Europe is great stuff. The Europeans take that their racing seriously and the tie-in to production cars is closer to what's actually available to the consumer. Both the British and German Touring Car Championships are hard-fought series and a lot of fun to watch.

And, Mr. Jones, I'd like to get back to Britain for another visit. On a personal note, I'd like to thank your countrymen for the high quality of my Si. The quality of materials and assembly is absolutely first rate stuff.

BlasTech
11-03-2002, 12:43 PM
Seems that black wheels and smaller sidewalls are popular in BTCC. Are the BTCC's running 15's and 16's or is it just my imagination?

SCCA Speed Challenge cars favor big white wheels.

steve_jones
11-03-2002, 03:06 PM
They be Running 17`s ( 9x 17" oz racing )

Heres a better Spec,

Engine

2.0 16v four cylinder, EFI Managament, Hydraulic power steering, restricted to 270-290 bhp, Xtrac six speed sequential gear box, AP Carbon triple plate clutch, XTRAC cassette multiple differential

Chassis BF Goodrich Tyres, Penske MCPherson front struts, wityh 3 way adjustable dampers, Penske rear wishbones, with 3 way adjustable dampers, AP six pot front brake calipers with 340mm vented discs, ap racing 2 pot rear brake calipers with 290mm discs

Phew

Got a whole mag article on the BTCC civic here if anyone is interested i can scan it in

Not bad considering all they have done is gas flowed the cylinder head, altered the design of the inlet and exhaust manifolds and the air box, and made a few changes to the internals :)

Steve

devilot
11-03-2002, 06:53 PM
Jobs in Japan are not easy to aquire at all, good or bad! Already been there and came back!

chakra71
11-04-2002, 09:47 AM
woo! someone from the ham! sup devilot, what car are you driving? maybe we've crossed paths.

devilot
11-05-2002, 08:43 PM
mines silver. stock everything but lights. i live in southside. i see black Sis at least three times a week, so we probably have crossed paths. :-)

chakra71
11-06-2002, 12:01 AM
i've seen only one silver ep and it was cruising thru downtown one night, was in my girl's car. Mine's black with the 'protect the environment' tag. i live in hoover and work at wildwood. i cruise southside every now and then. we should hook up and go to the track sometime. have you heard about the auto-x track that's supposed to open in spring out towards leeds/moody?

devilot
11-06-2002, 12:30 AM
I see a black EP in the Wildwood area like once a week. I also drive through Northside everyday of the week at any given time when I'm not at work. We BMX down there so I am constantly running through DT. There are some guys from the ghetto down there that run me nearly every Friday in a Protoge'. It is rather funny. We definitely should meet up sometime.