PDA

View Full Version : Creative way to adjust your EP's aerodynamics

lotsahondas
11-02-2002, 06:22 PM
First: take a long trip out of state. Second: after driving 5 hours on the way home have a sixteen year old rip the front off it with there moms oldsmobuick.

When the bumper was ripped off it pushed the air con condensor, through the radiator (fluid everywhere). Every piece of plastic piece attached to the bumper is broken, the washer bottle, the mounts for the headlights are bent, she hit me so hard it bent the front crash protection.

Ah well more work for my friend who owns the body shop.

Surprise
11-02-2002, 06:54 PM
At least your ok and the airbag did not go off.

toe knee
11-02-2002, 07:10 PM
damn that sucks man. Why don't you get the ctr front bumper and make that girl pay for it. Just a thought.

lotsahondas
11-02-2002, 07:17 PM
Thanks,

I am thinking about maybe the mugen front end. but I the ctr sounds good

Dan

IceD out N CALI
11-02-2002, 07:18 PM
sorry to hear that. maybe while the bumper is off u can take this opportunity to paint your headlight housing;)

DownTheHatch
11-02-2002, 07:45 PM
Mugen doesn't make a front end, just a lip spoiler. You would have to get the JDM front bumper to even use the Mugen lip spoiler :)

Here's a good thing though, the JDM bumper comes painted, so no down time.

lotsahondas
11-05-2002, 04:06 PM
heres the list so far, air con condensor, radiator, bumper, grill, sidemarkers, washer bottle and pump, both Headlights, all the plastic in the wheel wells and under the engine.

$3100 and counting.

AkronSi
11-06-2002, 07:02 AM
Just get the JDM headlights instead of painting them. Just an idea.

DynaSpeed
11-06-2002, 07:45 AM
whoa... you must have a Cd of at least .28 now. :)

sorry to hear about your car. I hope you get some cool stuff out of the mishap. Oh, and before LotsaHondas even states the sex of the driver that hit the car, AznSupaStar says, "Get the CTR front bumper and make the *GIRL* pay for it"....

...hilarious :D

2k2SiAutoXer
11-06-2002, 07:52 AM
Sorry about the accident, Looks a lot like my EP after I wrecked it, but I had damage to the hood, both radiatiors and many brackets under the hood. There is also a bit of frame damage, but it is very minimal. Oh yeah, the bill is 9000 dollars and its goes up every day. If you have to replace the frame that the radiators mount in and the piece that your hood latches into(its all one piece), count on it taking about 4 weeks to come in.

----Tom