PDA

View Full Version : Mad Vibration

STP03BlueSI
07-12-2004, 10:47 AM
I am gettin a rattle/Vibration because my Greddy EVO 1 is sitting right on the Progress sway. WHat can I do to fix this. I was thinkin about wrappin the 2 with some Exhaust wrap,

Any Ideas i am game

CHris

fsugatorbait
07-12-2004, 11:21 AM
pick up two extra exhaust hangers and add them onto the cannister of the exhaust. It'll pick it up a bit and out of the way.

STP03BlueSI
07-12-2004, 11:44 AM
pick up two extra exhaust hangers and add them onto the cannister of the exhaust. It'll pick it up a bit and out of the way.

Where should I hook them? :sadm:

fsugatorbait
07-12-2004, 11:50 AM
Where should I hook them? :sadm:

On the factory mounting locations, your just doubling up the hangers. It'll be a tigh fit, but they'll go on.

STP03BlueSI
07-12-2004, 12:06 PM
On the factory mounting locations, your just doubling up the hangers. It'll be a tigh fit, but they'll go on.

Dont mind me but I am confused..

Civicvtec1ps
07-12-2004, 12:32 PM
Dont mind me but I am confused..
Just put another rubber hanger on stock factory mounting location on rear section muffler.

EnJaNir
07-12-2004, 01:34 PM
Currently the Muffler itself is held up by 2 rubber hangers. They are suggesting to double those. So go napa or someplace similar and buy 2 more rubber hangers, and add them to the already 2 hangers on the Muffler. This should give added support so the hangers wont sag as much hopefully creating just enough clearance

toe knee
07-12-2004, 01:48 PM
my hks rattles against my progress sway bar also...i just wrapped a piece of rubber between the bar and the exhaust so it will kill the rattling noise some. It still rattles but you can't hear it as much. I'm going to try the double hanger trick and let you know how it goes.

STP03BlueSI
07-12-2004, 01:51 PM
my hks rattles against my progress sway bar also...i just wrapped a piece of rubber between the bar and the exhaust so it will kill the rattling noise some. It still rattles but you can't hear it as much. I'm going to try the double hanger trick and let you know how it goes.

Let me know! :winkm:

DarkSiRacer
07-12-2004, 08:29 PM
toe knee dont wrap it around the exhuast pipe. Do the extra hanger or zip tie method.