PDA

View Full Version : Do these camber numbers look ok?

FurY
07-12-2004, 03:05 PM
Hey everyone. I installed sprint springs (2in drop) over the weekend and had my alignment done today. I was wondering, do the camber numbers in the picture below look ok to you all? I wasn't sure what the correct specs were for our ep's because if you notice in the pic, I think the tire shop missed the fact that it was an Si. Please let me know if any numbers are way off. I will most likely be getting a camber kit but I was hoping to avoid it if the camber is only off a little. Thanks.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wNDcyMTM2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

civic hatch boi
07-12-2004, 03:17 PM
normally, if its in RED, its off. it should be green.

Lestat537
07-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Hey everyone. I installed sprint springs (2in drop) over the weekend and had my alignment done today. I was wondering, do the camber numbers in the picture below look ok to you all? I wasn't sure what the correct specs were for our ep's because if you notice in the pic, I think the tire shop missed the fact that it was an Si. Please let me know if any numbers are way off. I will most likely be getting a camber kit but I was hoping to avoid it if the camber is only off a little. Thanks.

Take it back and tell the shop to use the correct alignment specs free of charge, and to comp you at least a part of what you paid for the first time around. Then don't ever go back to that shop ever again! haha jk. Here are the factory alignment specs for our cars:

http://members.dslextreme.com/users/kseries/images/alignment.jpg

andy
07-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Front looks okay (anything from 0 to -2 should be fine), but rear is out of whack a bit - probably want it closer to zero. It won't really hurt, but will wear your tires out a bit faster than you might like.

FurY
07-12-2004, 03:36 PM
Front looks okay (anything from 0 to -2 should be fine), but rear is out of whack a bit - probably want it closer to zero. It won't really hurt, but will wear your tires out a bit faster than you might like.

Any idea (roughly) of how much faster they will wear? A couple thousand miles maybe?

Silvershadow
07-13-2004, 01:09 AM
Depending on how you drive I'd say keep a eye on the inner row of threads of the REAR tires.They'll probably wear out sooner than the outer threads.Watch the frt.right tire for the same wear pattern.

skooba
07-13-2004, 07:56 AM
it all depends on the tire wear, i had some pretty bad negative camber in the rear, but the tires really were not wearing unevenly, i still installed a camber kit b/c i hated the way it looks, but i would just keep an eye on your tire wear and go from there