PDA

View Full Version : speakers shakin??

LiLxKeNnY
07-12-2004, 04:34 PM
i dont kno if i blown my speakers, but i never turned up my speakers past 5 bars ... wen i got the car ... i slowy broke inthe speakers .... (slowli turnin it to 4 ... took a couple of months) ... but now ... i notice that my rear driver side speaker ... shakes and vibrates to some bass-ie songs ... is this normal???

dontknow
07-12-2004, 07:55 PM
are you sure its not the plastic and metal around the speaker...There is alot of vibration coming from around my rear speakers

ShingosEP3
07-12-2004, 08:04 PM
This has been covered quite a few times actually and is a common problem apparently... It seems that from the factory often the screws that hold the stock speakers in aren't always screwed down all the way, and even if they were over time they have a tendency to come out causing the rattling you hear. People have just been taking off the speaker covers in the back, tightening down the screws that hold the speakers in, and viola you the rattling is gone.

Now, not to thread jack but could anyone who has actually done this post the pdf from the helms manual or pictures of where exactly the clips that hold the speaker cover on are? I've been meaning to get back there and tighten these screws up as I'm having the same problem but just haven't felt like taking the time to figure out how to remove the cover.

oogy-boogy
07-13-2004, 05:58 AM
This has been covered quite a few times actually and is a common problem apparently... It seems that from the factory often the screws that hold the stock speakers in aren't always screwed down all the way, and even if they were over time they have a tendency to come out causing the rattling you hear. People have just been taking off the speaker covers in the back, tightening down the screws that hold the speakers in, and viola you the rattling is gone.

Now, not to thread jack but could anyone who has actually done this post the pdf from the helms manual or pictures of where exactly the clips that hold the speaker cover on are? I've been meaning to get back there and tighten these screws up as I'm having the same problem but just haven't felt like taking the time to figure out how to remove the cover.

The covers pop right off. It'll take you longer to get in the backset than it will to take the covers off.

LiLxKeNnY
07-15-2004, 06:22 AM
thanks guys ... ill try it as soon as i get home from work today

jerseyjew
07-15-2004, 07:00 AM
True the covers are super easy to get off. The only thing you need is a flat head screwdriver. There are two indentations where you pry it off. I also had the rattle problem but it was being caused by two things. 1. The speaker screws were loose. 2. There is some hard foam pieces that surround the speaker that are liked glued to the plastic speaker housing. One of these pieces came off and was rattling around. I just re-attached it with some velcro pieces and haven't had any problems since.

Hondabuff
07-15-2004, 08:48 AM
The speakers in the civic are made out of used toilet paper rolls :D The magnets are the size of some tweeter magnets. The speakers are popping cause the are on there last leg. replacing them with a $20 speaker is an upgrade from the factory.