PDA

View Full Version : quick need everyones opinion

odyessy SI
07-13-2004, 12:22 AM
well i'm very close to finally ordering the HFP sideskirts and spoiler from handa. one thing i wanted to know is would the sideskirts look good on my car? the reason i ask is i'm not dropped and don't plan on dropping my car until the HFP suspension becomes available. so what does everyone think of the HFP sideskirts and spoiler on a otherwise stock 02 tafetta white ep?

eprama
07-13-2004, 12:31 AM
i dont know if im right or not (correct me if im wrong), but i thought the fp suspension package was only released and available for the 04 ep's (for 2 reasons...), in honda's attempt to increase sales of the ep3 by giving a more "sportier" vehicle and the different suspension specs of the 04 vs the 02-03...

*[edit] sorry forgot bout your question...

in any case i'd say get the skirts after dropping the car, looks better that way imo...post pics if you do decide to get them. thaaanks

Civicvtec1ps
07-13-2004, 12:32 AM
Sideskirts would look weird without any drop.
Work on Suspension before sideskirts, thats just me.

If you want HFP suspension kit.
Wait until it comes out then buy skirts..
Spoiler looks good even without drop, just because our stock spoiler is awful.

jsonpham
07-13-2004, 12:39 AM
hahah dont hate on our mini tail......i kinda like it.....lol

Silvershadow
07-13-2004, 01:17 AM
It'll look fine.Which spoiler are u refering to?

odyessy SI
07-13-2004, 05:22 AM
i dont know if im right or not (correct me if im wrong), but i thought the fp suspension package was only released and available for the 04 ep's (for 2 reasons...), in honda's attempt to increase sales of the ep3 by giving a more "sportier" vehicle and the different suspension specs of the 04 vs the 02-03...

*[edit] sorry forgot bout your question...

in any case i'd say get the skirts after dropping the car, looks better that way imo...post pics if you do decide to get them. thaaanks

stoopSI is a honda parts manager and he said that all HFP pieces fit on the 02-03 si. matter of fact he has the suspension on his Si(dont know the year but its not an 04 pretty sure of that) the only thing that doesnt fit is the wheels for the obvious reason of them being a 5 lug instead of 4

and the spoiler i'm talking about is the HFP...thus far it looks like i'm only going to get the spoiler unless the sideskirts would look good on a undropped car....

Stoop
07-13-2004, 07:03 AM
stoopSI is a honda parts manager and he said that all HFP pieces fit on the 02-03 si. matter of fact he has the suspension on his Si(dont know the year but its not an 04 pretty sure of that) the only thing that doesnt fit is the wheels for the obvious reason of them being a 5 lug instead of 4

and the spoiler i'm talking about is the HFP...thus far it looks like i'm only going to get the spoiler unless the sideskirts would look good on a undropped car....

Yes that is correct. Mine is an '02 and I have the HFP suspension on my car. Fits perfectly fine. And yes, all the HFP lips and skirts will fit the '02-03 just fine. :winkm:

cdr127
07-13-2004, 07:56 AM
I think it would look good drop or not, but I am still at stock height and it bugs me much more than not having sides. Spend the money on suspension. Also why would you want the hfp suspension. Get an aftermarket supension like mugen more bang for the buck. Just my 2 cents.

Silvershadow
07-13-2004, 10:23 AM
StoopSi:How 'd u swing that?Another Parts manager tried to gett HFP whls &couldn't.Or did u do the"customers car" thing?

Stoop
07-13-2004, 10:55 AM
StoopSi:How 'd u swing that?Another Parts manager tried to gett HFP whls &couldn't.Or did u do the"customers car" thing?

I ordered myself an entire kit and bought the parts I wanted out seperately. Then I sold the rest of the stuff individually. Sometimes it's good to be the parts manager.http://forums.offtopic.com/images/smilies/naughty.gif

Silvershadow
07-13-2004, 11:07 AM
Smart guy. ;)

LiLxKeNnY
07-13-2004, 11:13 AM
haha ... i want hookupz!!! ... but yea ... the spoiler would look good either way ... skirts i would wait for drop first .... it looks kinda funny being high in the air with jus side skirts ... now if you got the whole lip kit ... then you would be ok for a lil while w/o the drop ...

JLannoo
07-13-2004, 04:22 PM
so what does everyone think of the HFP sideskirts and spoiler on a otherwise stock 02 tafetta white ep?

I think for the sides to look right. You would at least need the front under spoiler as well.

eprama
07-13-2004, 04:35 PM

cool deal, thanks for clearing things out guys...

just wondering stoopsi how is the ride quality like...is it softer or stiffer then the regular oem ep3 springs or do they ride the same and how much did you get the suspension for. thanks

Silvershadow
07-14-2004, 12:38 AM
Looks good w/side skirt dropped or not.L :cool: :cool: KS better dropped though.

odyessy SI
07-14-2004, 01:47 AM
does anybody have any pics of a ep with just the HFP sideskirts? or maybe someone can photoshop it? i'm really split now on whether or not to get the sideskirts without having a drop. i may just get the wing now? more opinions would be highly appreciated! :)

Silvershadow
07-14-2004, 02:14 AM
Try this link:
http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41822

odyessy SI
07-14-2004, 02:19 AM
is that ep lowered though on the hfp suspension? if its not then i think the sideskirts look pretty good on it...don't look as akward as having rims on a non-dropped ep :tongue:

Silvershadow
07-14-2004, 02:22 AM
Get the rear wing for sure.

Silvershadow
07-14-2004, 02:38 AM
Ask Civicvtec1ps.Aft.mrkt.springs are just as good & probably cheaper with d same drop.I'd suggest Eibach Pro-Kit(1" drop) $150-$200.Good ride & handling.Rims like sideskirts look good dropped or not,but look better dropped of course.

03silverEP
07-14-2004, 03:44 PM
if you're considering/waiting for the HFP suspension, you could just get the mugen suspension, it's about the same setup and prob. the same price 1k, which is what the dealers would charge for a factory lowering inc. springs and shocks. and mugen is honda, the co. was started by Mr. Honda's relative, and all mugen parts have honda part numbers and are avail from dealers in japan