PDA

View Full Version : what about skunk2?

clyde_crystal
07-13-2004, 06:10 PM
sorry guys, i just need to know if skunk2 coilovers are any good ... coz im planning to get a skunk2 coilover next month, since i already have the skunk2 exhaust, why not have their coilovers too, right?...

lowep3
07-14-2004, 12:55 AM
Not sure bout the coilovers. I know skunk2 is pretty well known for making a quality products, and that's why i bought their lowering springs. I'm really happy with what i got.

BISDAK-R
07-14-2004, 02:58 AM
I have skunk2s right now, they are pretty good.

LiLxKeNnY
07-14-2004, 04:00 AM
you can drop real low ... but the ride isnt that comfortable ... go with the tein basics, mugen, or try the d2!!!!

03silverEP
07-14-2004, 02:23 PM
they are not real good for suspension parts

springs work better for lowering on the cheap, (eibach!!)

coilover sleeves are always going to be a compromise, and if you want sleeves, i recommend ground control beause they use eibach springs (can you see where this is going, eibach)

ep3 604
05-24-2008, 08:55 PM
i didnt want to make a new thread so i found this old one and i'm planning to get skunk2s but i dont know either to get lowering springs or coilovers. also what else do i need to get with along the both.

Drew1d
05-25-2008, 06:24 AM
Well, I had the coil-over sleeves on my car. The quality of the parts weren't a problem. But the spring rate of the front springs were 10kg. Which is more than double the stock. Put simply, the suspension was so stiff, it never bottomed out on the road, but it was way too uncomfortable for a daily driver. (I live on a dirt road in the "country.")

IMO, coilovers are generally overkill for the EP3's. If you have a height adjustable setup, you really need to get it aligned everytime it changes. Some of the more hardcore people use it to corner weight the vehicle. If you are setting up the car for AutoX or need a handling monster, there are a few fella's on here that know what you have to do. But be prepared to open your wallet.

As a daily driver, if you need it lowered, try lowering springs. They're cheaper, non-adjustable, and generally have softer spring rates. If it's not a daily driver and just a "around town car" and you want it to look dumped, skunk2 is ok.

ep3 604
05-27-2008, 01:22 AM
yeah just using the ep as a daily car so i guess lowering springs will do. not plannin on gettin into autox anytime soon with the ep

talonXracer
05-27-2008, 05:41 AM
If you want a decent DD suspension go with the HFP or MugenSS suspension's.

DO NOT use simple lowering springs with the stock struts.

EPSU3
05-27-2008, 10:35 AM
anyone know where to get the HFP suspension? local dealers said it was discontinued. www.cheaphondaparts.com has them, but you have to buy the wheels and tires. I just need the springs and shocks

civictype_r04
05-27-2008, 12:18 PM
My buddy just got the full Pro S coilovers on his GSR and the ride is nice.

mustclime
05-27-2008, 12:31 PM
My buddy just got the full Pro S coilovers on his GSR and the ride is nice.

Skunk2 really fuct up with the pro s coilovers....they did not take the differance in motion ratios of the front and rear suspension into account when the picked the spring rates.....they have the stiffer springs in the front!!!???....This would be ok if the front and rear had the same suspension design but they donn't....I did a brake down on the spring rates of all the major coilovers over on clubep3. net...take a look...

http://forums.clubep3.net/showthread.php?t=564642

I also did a thread on picking the best spring rates for your use there as well....

http://forums.clubep3.net/showthread.php?t=565676

:mwink:

civictype_r04
05-27-2008, 01:02 PM
Skunk2 really fuct up with the pro s coilovers....they did not take the differance in motion ratios of the front and rear suspension into account when the picked the spring rates.....they have the stiffer springs in the front!!!???....This would be ok if the front and rear had the same suspension design but they donn't....I did a brake down on the spring rates of all the major coilovers over on clubep3. net...take a look...

http://forums.clubep3.net/showthread.php?t=564642

I also did a thread on picking the best spring rates for your use there as well....

http://forums.clubep3.net/showthread.php?t=565676

:mwink:

Good information. Thanks.

blueshark123
05-27-2008, 02:07 PM
It just seems that Skunk2 hasnt but in enough money or time in R&D for their new stuff. I wouldnt put skunk2 anything on my car.