PDA

View Full Version : window problems?

atomic_rice
07-13-2004, 07:54 PM
so yesterday, being 102 degrees here in riverside, i roll down my driver side window, and i hear this disturbing "crack/pop" noise from inside the door and the window starts tilting to the left. so im like "shit...thats not good"....so i try to roll it back up and its moving very verryyy slowly. knowing that i would rather have the window stuck up than having it being stuck down, i keep clicking the up button while pushing it up with my other hand. i slowly manage to get it back up, but as the window is rubbing against the rubber thats between the glass and the door, it brings up/stretches about an inch of it and it gets stuck. :crym: :crym: :crym:

so im just asking, has anyone had problems with their windows, like maybe having them fall off the tracks or anything?

iVtec si
07-13-2004, 08:11 PM
yep! my driver side was fucked up wouldn't go up or down. I took it to honda and it had come off track, they just put it back on track and I've never had a problem since(that was about a year ago).

EPeaThree
07-13-2004, 08:41 PM
happened in my 00 civic.. dunno if its this easy with eps but i just took off the panel andpulled the glass back onto the track

Buckeye34
07-13-2004, 09:15 PM
yeah it i had the same problem with my accord i just did what epeathree did

Mickey
07-13-2004, 09:21 PM
It just happened to me recently. I brought it to the dealership and they changed the whole rubber thing in the driver side window at no cost(warranty). If Im not mistaken, they call it window run channel. :)

atomic_rice
07-13-2004, 10:10 PM
It just happened to me recently. I brought it to the dealership and they changed the whole rubber thing in the driver side window at no cost(warranty). If Im not mistaken, they call it window run channel. :)

haha you learn something new everyday :winkm:

Black 02 SI
07-13-2004, 10:18 PM
mine just did this last week. easy fix if you dont want to take it to the dealership. there are two seals one on the outside of the glass and one on the inside. what happens is inside the door it goes behind one of the seals. pop off the door panel check the tracks and find which seal thats causin the problem. might be tricky to get it back on track, what i did was put the window all the way down pushed the seal with a screw driver while puttin the window up. it popped back in a works fine now. i also sprayed the tracks and all moving parts with a little wd-40, smooth like silk now ;) hope this helps ya

diab0lical
07-14-2004, 05:47 AM
my window hasnt tilted or anything like that, the driver side window though sorta studders goin down

FckdUpPup
07-14-2004, 05:57 AM
my window hasnt tilted or anything like that, the driver side window though sorta studders goin down

Yea my driver and passenger windows studder only when it's wet. Other than that it's fine. Fawkin odd I tell you :confused:

SSMep3
07-14-2004, 06:08 AM
Yea my driver and passenger windows studder only when it's wet. Other than that it's fine. Fawkin odd I tell you :confused:

mine does the same thing i first noticed it at a autocross in the rain. :yellm:

BlackSi613nin
07-14-2004, 07:43 AM
mine will kinda pop out of the track only when i roll it up, i better get to the dealer soon! almost 36ooo miles!

Retrophusion
07-14-2004, 08:42 AM
Mine tilts forward then pops out of the rubber runner!!! I better get that fixed soo. While i have some warranty left!! :D

blueiedgod
07-14-2004, 08:54 AM
I had both, driver and passenger window regulators, run channels, and weather stripping replaced under warranty last year, after 6 months of owning the car. This is a known issue with the Si. Somehow, since the Si was designed in Germany, I think it is connected to VW's window regulator problems. At least ours don't just drop in the door shattering in millions of pieces, but rather get stuck crooked. A good dealer should replace the regulator, channels and weather stripping under warranty no problem. I actually called and complained to Honda last year, and was offered lifetime warranty on one component of my choosing, I declined at the time, as I wanted them to give me just extended warranty to 100,000 miles because I was having all sorts of problems with the car. They ended up being "teething" problems.

CSI02
07-14-2004, 11:17 AM
I only had problems with the run channel which was replaced twice under warranty. :sadm:

atomic_rice
07-14-2004, 04:13 PM
well getting my car now from the dealership, they said that they had to replace the window track. or something like that. thanks guys...never knew so many people had this problem.

Mwing
07-16-2004, 11:25 AM
My EP doesn't have this problem but I found that the driver side window rolls faster than passenger side. How about you guy's EP?

atomic_rice
07-16-2004, 05:57 PM
My EP doesn't have this problem but I found that the driver side window rolls faster than passenger side. How about you guy's EP?
yea mine does the same thing