PDA

View Full Version : Transmission Service, Ideas? Suggestions?

Stealth Wedgy
07-14-2004, 05:31 AM
Hey, i hopped in my friends 03 Si with only 10k on it, and realized his shifter was smoother and his clutch engaged better.

I got my car with 20k on it, and never new the difference until now. The clutch has never slipped although occasionally it feels like it wont let me into a gear.

I have already changed the fluid over to Syncromesh, which was suggested by many people. I havent felt a difference with it after about 2000miles, and was thinking about going another route.

I had thought of trying Honda OEM oil with the Lucus additive, it did wonders in my chevys I am curious to how it would do in the Civic.

Also, when i press my clutch petal i notice a new noise in the motor, i would assume its a noisy throw out bearing, is this common or is my throw out bearing on its way out?

I also assum that my clutch fluid has never been changed, i had though of servicing that aswell....anyone with experience?

Sorry for the novel, thanks in advance

Silvershadow
07-14-2004, 03:08 PM
Past experience is the Honda trans oil does shift smoother.

CSI02
07-14-2004, 03:45 PM
It's sounds like it needs to be checked out by a dealer. Did you buy the car used? If so, maybe the previous driver drove the car really hard.

Buckeye34
07-14-2004, 03:48 PM
good point, take it to honda and see what they hafta say