PDA

View Full Version : Cost for rear camber install + Alignment...

Si3
07-14-2004, 06:34 AM
rear camber install = $75-$125 to install (depending on how long it takes...)
alignment = $60

I know i need both, b/c i just destroyed my last set of tires because of negative camber, but does this sound right to everyone?? or do i need to shop around?

Thanks in advance.

(already searched, couldnt find any threads will solid prices... read a couple of people who "knew someone" that hooked them up, but i need to know what the average person paid w/o a hook up...)

andy
07-14-2004, 06:40 AM
Install your own camber kit. It is *very* easy. Shouldn't take a shop more than .5-1 hour, though, so that's about $60 at most, IMO.

Si3
07-14-2004, 06:52 AM
Install your own camber kit. It is *very* easy. Shouldn't take a shop more than .5-1 hour, though, so that's about $60 at most, IMO.

Im not a mechaniclly inclined person, so i dont think i want to do it myself. And im getting my new tires put on today, so i want it done ASAP... i dont want to start eating away at these bad boys. (Just wait until im able to take a pic of old tires, its going to disgust many members!!!)

Si3
07-14-2004, 07:19 AM
Bump. need prices quickly!

My friend is waiting to possibly bring it to the shop!

skooba
07-14-2004, 07:21 AM
you don't have to be mechanically inclined to install this. it is very easy. if you can remove a tire (taking off 4 lugnuts) then you can install a camber kit, its just removing 3 bolts, attaching the new arm, and puttin the 3 bolts back on. give it a shot.

Si3
07-14-2004, 07:23 AM
you don't have to be mechanically inclined to install this. it is very easy. if you can remove a tire (taking off 4 lugnuts) then you can install a camber kit, its just removing 3 bolts, attaching the new arm, and puttin the 3 bolts back on. give it a shot.

but dont you have to adjust it properly? or would that be considered part of the alignment?

cdr127
07-14-2004, 07:30 AM
That would be considered part of the alignment. When you put them on just adjust them so they are the close to the same length as the stock ones.

BlasTech
07-14-2004, 07:32 AM
Easy to install on your own, and the alignment is what adjusts it properly.

If you lowered the car and didnt do an alignment right after, its not the negative camber so much as the toe in that ate your tires up. Combine toe in or out with negative camber, and you have a smaller surface being "dragged" sideways... and that's how they get eaten down quickly.