PDA

View Full Version : Hawk Brake Pads

DJLJS32
07-14-2004, 08:36 AM
Where do you get them and whats the best price you have seen them for?

My brakes need upgrading so I'm thinking about these.

Any ideas and comments will be helpful.

Thanks,

DJLJS32

beechstreet
07-14-2004, 08:39 AM
Where do you get them and whats the best price you have seen them for?

My brakes need upgrading so I'm thinking about these.

Any ideas and comments will be helpful.

Thanks,

DJLJS32
Yeah, a part number would be helpful too :D ! I was thinking about getting some of these myself :D

amctmg
07-14-2004, 09:19 AM
I think they have them at www.tirerack.com

prices as per tirerack are

street frt 52. rear 55.
race frt 71. rear 66.

anjapower
07-14-2004, 09:21 AM
yea they're ~60 bucks for the fronts (Hawk HPS) at tirerack. My friend has em on his car, likes em a lot. Dust a lil more than stock, but stop way better.

03silverEP
07-14-2004, 09:22 AM
i second that www.tirerack.com has them, someone elce may have them for $1 cheaper but it's not worth the hassle, tirerack is run by professionals

SF-SI-02
07-14-2004, 09:35 AM
The greddy si which is sick-fast, kept the stock rotors and used aem pads... I figured my car is nowhere near as fast as the greddy car so I'll go with the aem pads when the time comes, unless you guys suggest otherwise. I think they also cross drilled their rotors..

Mugen Power
07-14-2004, 09:39 AM
I got a set for my dad's '98 Accord V6 and they're great. I also got them from Tire Rack.

mhx
07-14-2004, 09:55 AM
The greddy si which is sick-fast, kept the stock rotors and used aem pads... I figured my car is nowhere near as fast as the greddy car so I'll go with the aem pads when the time comes, unless you guys suggest otherwise. I think they also cross drilled their rotors..

they dont make an aem pad for our car. we have to use the old 99/00 SI pads. they fit fine.

TrippZ
07-14-2004, 10:21 AM
EM1 pads fit on our EP3?

mhx
07-14-2004, 10:46 AM
front do. dont know about the rear.. there's a post somewhre on this board to confirm it..

BlasTech
07-14-2004, 10:55 AM
The Hawk front pads you get from Tire Rack are actually for an Accord, and they are have a little less compound than the actual Hawk Pad for the Si does. You might be able to find the actual Si pads elsewhere, but they might cost proportionally more since there is more material (longer life).

In my experience, upgrading the front pads is enough to get a big boost in performance, unless the rears are just worn down anyways.

mhx
07-14-2004, 11:04 AM
i used to have the AEM pads on my old 00 civic ex.. they worked better than stock i felt. Prob a lilttle more dust, not much.. But stopping power was alot better..

What other pads are avail for us in the same price range? 50-70ish.

BlasTech
07-14-2004, 11:53 AM
Hawk HPS = street compound, better than stock, minimal dusting and noise. There are lots of folks here who can give you more specific input.

Hawk HP+ = semi-track compound, much better than stock, moderate noise and moderate dusting....probably more than most people would like to deal with unless you autocross alot...but the dust is VERY easy to remove when its fresh and dry, just wipe with a paper towel once a week. If you wait month between cleaning, you'll be scrubbing.

I've also used Bendix Ceramic pads on my wifes street-only EK. They are are better than OEM, silent, and the dust (virtually none) is light gray in color instead of black. They seem fine, and I'll get them for the rears on the EP3 as a OEM replacement someday.

djsolution
07-14-2004, 05:39 PM
call brakezone and talk to sherwin. they stock the hawk pads for the si but he sold me on some axxis ultimate pads ($44 front $46 rear). apparantly they're equally as good, if not better. we'll see. they also make stainless brake lines for the ep3 that are coated (better than goodrige) for 110.

andy
07-14-2004, 05:43 PM
Check out B18CXr's thread on honda-tech:
http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=920289

Carbotech 1108 brake pads (EP3 application) update
39,650 miles with $24.99 Autozone rotors
Beaver Run 2day
VIR Full 3day
VIR Full 2day
Summit Point 2day
Charlotte Motor Speedway 2day
Deal's Gap weekend

No ducting
OEM splash guards removed
K24 Frankenstein motor (i.e. more HP than the stock A3 motor)
Still playing with the rears (OEM, Bobcats and now P+) the +'s are the ticket as of now since the suspension changes

(personally, I'd like to get a set of different pads, but only for the fronts)

blueiedgod
07-15-2004, 11:56 AM
www.tirerack.com has them, I just completely replaced the rotors and pads with EBC for $200, installed myself with a buddy. Stock rotors warped on me the second time, and there is no way I am paying Honda close to $200 to turn them. For the same $$$ I'd rather get upgraded brakes.

http://www.ephatch.com/forum/showthread.php?t=41708