Mulder
07-10-2002, 12:05 AM
Ever had a girlfriend who really wasn

2k2civicSi
07-10-2002, 12:24 AM
hahahahaha you know its funny i know what you mean

DynaSpeed
07-10-2002, 05:24 AM
Pam Anderson? Entertaining? Attractive? I wouldn't let that disease-infested skank near me nor anybody else I cared for. http://www.probetalk.com/forums/images/smilies/icon_no2.gif

Now Veronica Becerra? Next to a Murci

SiCivic2k2
07-10-2002, 06:21 AM
Honestly, I didn't really like the way my car looked when I first purchased it, but now I love it. It's real unique!

SBC31
07-10-2002, 06:28 AM
I think the design is Top Notch. To me it's like art on wheels. And the neat thing is that the love for this car keeps growing every day.

If this keeps up, I will have to look into getting married to my car...lol! I wonder if this can be done, it could be a reality show on FOX or something.....lol!

i-WERKS
07-10-2002, 08:06 AM
I think this design is too far ahead for some people. I think it'll grow on people just like the RSX. Remember what people thought about the RSX when it first came out? Now they're all over the place. I just hope the numbers of the SI are limited. I like having a unique car.

DynaSpeed
07-10-2002, 08:09 AM
Honda says they're only bringing something like 7000 over or something. I don't know how much water this holds, but I'd like to believe it.

Brenetics
07-10-2002, 01:54 PM
I'd heard 15k for the 2002 model year.

02TafWhtSi
07-10-2002, 02:16 PM
I absolutely *LOVE* the rear end but I am a little sketchy on the front. I saw a white Focus ZX3 the other day coming up my street and I had to look twice to see whether it was a Focus or an Si - they are really similar in design in the front! To me it really doesn't look that intimidating - almost "Hi, my name is Civic Si, how are you today? (bats eyebrows)". I cant say enough good things about the seats, trans, engine, and dashboard layout but the exterior styling is...well...daring.

xlr8
07-10-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by SiCivic2k2
Honestly, I didn't really like the way my car looked when I first purchased it, but now I love it. It's real unique!
my feelings exactly

MoodySi
07-10-2002, 03:31 PM
The Si design is very ahead of its time yet it very much resembles a Focus.

DownTheHatch
07-10-2002, 03:46 PM
Yes the design is ahead of its time, the thing about the front end is this, its has too plain of a front bumper, just one horizontal line...the 99 Si had 3 holes in the bumper which matched nicely with the headlights. See how much meaner the Si looks just by changing the headlights to blackhousing. Look at the Avatar with the Sinsei body kit, black headlights and cf hood now the front end is hot.

Remember the 5th gen Civics, the coupe had 3 holes in the bumper and the sedan had 1 horizontal line, the 3 holes are more sportier.

Can someone photoshop the 99 si front bumper onto the 2002 si?

Mechanic
07-10-2002, 04:16 PM
As anyone who's been reading my posts knows, I think the CTR is a superb car -- trick motor, six-speed tranny, 17" alloys, and I particularly like the body cladding and rear spoiler, which, in combination make that model look just right. As for ours, the Si, it's a good design, but the 15" alloys look downright small in proportion to the rest of the car; almost as if the designer planned on 17" alloys from the outset and then the production accountants had to figure a way to cut costs.

Of course, you have to like hatchback designs to begin with. If you don't, the details certainly don't matter.

BlazeX12
07-10-2002, 09:36 PM
I didnt like my styling at first, but it grew on me. I do get the, is that a focus? i even got is that a gulf? But it turns heads, i went to the Acrua dealer to buy my moms new RSX. When i parked my car, i had every, and i mean every salesmen sitting in my car trying out the new shifter, two of them said they wanted to go buy one.

TezGari
07-11-2002, 09:51 AM
I know what you guys mean, i parked my car in at night and as i was walking id look back at it. It looked sweet it was night and the wheels were turned. awwwwwwww...My si........:D
Its nice........

SmoothOperator
07-11-2002, 01:58 PM
When I first got the car, I took it to one of my friends place to show it off. He isn't a car guy at all...but when he saw my SiR, the first thing he said was "Man, that thing is so FUTURISTIC looking!"
I don't think there's any better way to describe the cars looks. Ahead if it's time.
Anyways, I'm always back and forth. Love it one day, not so sure the next. Sure as hell love driving it though!

Az02Si
07-11-2002, 03:11 PM
I remember going to Honda cars of Tempe here,in my old 00.As soon as salesmen saw that car they flocked to me,and then when i looked at the 02 they kept telling me what a POS it was.They just kept ripping the car to shreds ,it was hilarious.Prolly why they had their first and second New Sis on the lot of 3+ weeks.The day i traded my 00 in,and got the 02 into the garage,i started to wonder what i just did.Im STILL wondering what i did sometimes,but the car is growing on me more and more.I just kinda want to be nice to this one for a while before i boost the snot out of it.

02TafWhtSi
07-11-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by trinispeed
awwwwwwww...My si........:D
Its nice........

lol - I feel the same way