PDA

View Full Version : Yellow bulbs..need opinions...

H3 EP3
07-14-2004, 07:48 PM
i was thinking of buying those yellow bulbs for my 04 civic. they will replace the stock beams. do you guys think it'll look hot??? :confused: . i want to try something "new". did anyone do this on these forums?? anyone got pics of the yellow bulbs on their EP's at night???

sorry, can't really find/afford HID's right now, so im just going with bulbs for now. and i can't find any store down here that has PIAA purple bulbs...and i dont want to go with the "blue/hyper white".

all feedbacks welcome :cool:

skooba
07-14-2004, 07:51 PM
if you plan on going hids, then just keep saving, don't waste your money for now, it will only make your goal that much further away.

EtherGhost
07-14-2004, 07:53 PM
I like it. I've been considering them for months :)

BarracksSi
07-14-2004, 07:56 PM
^^^ What he said.

And, headlights are for seeing. White is bright, but yellow -- or blue -- isn't bright.

H3 EP3
07-14-2004, 07:59 PM
EtherGhost: what do you like? the yellow bulbs or those hyper whites?! :confused:

Skooba: there's this "photoshoot" that's comming up this sat. and im just going for looks right now. and all i have to spend right now is enough for bulbs :'( .

BarracksSi: dont really care about brightness. as long as it shines, that'll do :p

EPeaThree
07-15-2004, 10:58 PM
are you talking about the nokya super yellows?

Ive been looking for a picture of a car with those bulbs for months now but I havent found any!

pls let me know.. i like bright yellow.. (there is probably no reason behind my next statement, just personal opinion).. makes it look JDM

:shadesm:

H3 EP3
07-15-2004, 11:52 PM
^^werd! :cool: . that's why i wanna try them cuz it looks "JDM" IMO. i liked how my cousin's 99 JDM ITR headlights had the yellow bulbs for the inner lights. plus my friends DC2-R's regular light is those yellow ones...but i wanted to see them on EP's.

EPeaThree: im gonna go check out the bulbs tomorrow. and if i get some good feedback from the shop, imma pick them up then take some pics for you ;). if not, then im just gonna go with some nokya arctic purple bulbs instead :)

SIxtasy
07-16-2004, 12:25 AM
I had yellow lights....burned out like evrything else. I went back to stock, yellow enough for me

- jeff

03silverEP
07-16-2004, 07:41 AM
*useless trivia*

in italy all cars have yellow lights as their primary night illumination, while the U.S. and most the rest of Europe use white headlights

blueiedgod
07-16-2004, 10:49 AM
if you want yellow, get the cheapest non halogen light bulbs at autostore, they should not cost more than $1 for the non halogen. They will be more yellow than halogen that have been painted yellow.
Yellow lights are good for rain and fog, yellow cuts right through it, rather than reflecting like blue/white does.

onEswEEtEp3
07-16-2004, 11:46 AM
I had yellow bulbs before, I like em' it's looks clean and ofcourse a little brighter than stock IMO, but now I have HID, if i would go back to a H4 bulb I would get it again.

Tomek
07-16-2004, 03:44 PM
Yellow light aids in wet weather visibility, or so I've read.

^^werd! :cool: . that's why i wanna try them cuz it looks "JDM" IMO. i liked how my cousin's 99 JDM ITR headlights had the yellow bulbs for the inner lights. plus my friends DC2-R's regular light is those yellow ones...but i wanted to see them on EP's.

Thats kind of retarded I thought lights were used for visibility, not for "JDMness"
.......Form follows function ;)

Those inner's are foglights if i'm not mistaken. Here's a pic of them at a meet from last year.
http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/i=wNDc4ODI2NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D