PDA

View Full Version : Nokya bulbs..are the good?

H3 EP3
07-14-2004, 08:28 PM
im planning on getting the Nokya arctic purple bulbs...are they good? do they come out clear w/ a glare of purple? are they as bright/brighter than stock bulbs? does anyone have Nokya bulbs on your ride??? any pics??? help me out..peace. :cool:

Mighty_Mouse
07-14-2004, 08:34 PM
im planning on getting the Nokya arctic purple bulbs...are they good? do they come out clear w/ a glare of purple? are they as bright/brighter than stock bulbs? does anyone have Nokya bulbs on your ride??? any pics??? help me out..peace. :cool:
The overwattage ones will be a bit brighter, but you should get a headlight harness with relays to run them safely.

skooba
07-14-2004, 08:42 PM
no they suck. they give you the blue tint, which some people like. they don't light up the road as well as stock, they suck ass in the rain, and my passenger side burned out after a month, so i went back to stock. i would not recommend these.

Mighty_Mouse
07-14-2004, 08:45 PM
Why not just get some quality overwattage bulbs and a harness from a place like suvlights.com? It might not be the riced-out look that you want, but they'll work a lot better.

H3 EP3
07-14-2004, 08:52 PM
skooba: im not looking for the "blue tint" one...im interested in the purple one :p . but yea, how'd yours "burn out" soo fast?!

skooba
07-14-2004, 08:53 PM
they pulled too much power over the stock bulbs, so they burnt out.

H3 EP3
07-14-2004, 10:21 PM
ok...any other comments???

gr8buddha
07-15-2004, 05:30 AM
i have em and mine are fine, supposedly there are 2 different series out. I have the new gen of nokya, thats what it said on the box. i like em. i have the blue tinted ones.

LiLxKeNnY
07-15-2004, 05:42 AM
i those too the artic ones ... and they worked fine ... first things i put on .... 8k miles and im still goin ... my bumper lights went b4 the nokya lites

H3 EP3
07-15-2004, 03:49 PM
aright thanks guys. ill check them out :cool:

02SilverSiHB
07-15-2004, 04:04 PM
they pulled too much power over the stock bulbs, so they burnt out.
yeap, mine did too...but my previous car that had them did fine and a friend has them on his 99 HX for years and they are doing fine...must be something with the ep or they suck suck and suck some more now.

Don't get the nokyas.

dtexan
07-15-2004, 06:28 PM
I had them on my 1999 accord coupe and they sucked burned out in like 6 months and they burned out one of them busted inside the headlight and melted to the lense. And no i did not touch the bulbs.

Mighty_Mouse
07-15-2004, 06:58 PM
aright thanks guys. ill check them out :cool:
If you weren't going to listen to the advice of others, why'd you bother posting a question?

31102si
07-15-2004, 07:34 PM
ok...any other comments???

I have had mine on for over two years no problems at all. I have the artic white, which have the blue tint to them. They have a blue color because they are a 4100k light output. If you want a white color get something that has 5000k light output. I know rayburg makes them and I think xenon does too. These type of lights will always look duller than stock, you only get the color from the bulb not the actully brightness like you would from HID.

H3 EP3
07-16-2004, 12:33 AM
If you weren't going to listen to the advice of others, why'd you bother posting a question?

well i just wanted to get some feedback if these bulbs were good or not mang. and it seems that some people are satisfied with these bulbs...

and that's why i said "ill check them out" meaning im gonna check how much they cost before i buy them. if its a decent price, ill buy it. if not, then screw it. and if i do buy them and they do burn out after a couple months...then oh well? didnt spend too much on it anyway :tongue:

H3 EP3
07-16-2004, 12:36 AM
I have had mine on for over two years no problems at all. I have the artic white, which have the blue tint to them. They have a blue color because they are a 4100k light output. If you want a white color get something that has 5000k light output. I know rayburg makes them and I think xenon does too. These type of lights will always look duller than stock, you only get the color from the bulb not the actully brightness like you would from HID.

does the blue tint show? cuz i was looking toward the arctic purple ones...cuz i want that "purple HID"-look to it. does it lean more toward the clear or more to the blue side?

miragetkg
04-24-2008, 09:21 PM
does the blue tint show? cuz i was looking toward the arctic purple ones...cuz i want that "purple HID"-look to it. does it lean more toward the clear or more to the blue side?

Brah, Don't get them. Get PIAA if you want to spend the money. On a budget, Polarg bulbs are ok. Check them out. I've used both of these since '96.

BTW: Where you live at in EWa Beach. I grew up there.

Soprano21
04-25-2008, 05:45 AM
ive got them had them in for a long time now and never had any problems in the rain on them blowing out, i guess it all depends on how lucky you get