PDA

View Full Version : headlite!!! not HIDs

LiLxKeNnY
07-15-2004, 05:44 AM
im curious (now that i have been interested) what bulbs do you guys use for those that dont hav HID's ... i curently use the Nokya Artic Blues ... what else do you guys use??? i want more of the HID's look ... HIDs are hot ... but i cant jsutify spending 100 bux for a bulb when it burns

Civicvtec1ps
07-15-2004, 09:56 AM
Stock bulbs.
They are bright enough and not ricey.

Save up for real hid setup.
Buying some cheap bulbs and replacing every 2 weeks is stupid.

k20whiteboi269
07-15-2004, 09:59 AM
before i could afford hid setup i had a set of piaa super plasma bulbs. they were ok but i think they burn out too damn quick.

raiyo
07-15-2004, 10:01 AM
I'm using LiteGlow 55w/60w bulbs. Got it from Target for 12 bucks. Slightly brighter than stock (I think), because it gives out less yellow. I dunno why Target dont sell em anymore. Had mines for quite sometime already and still going.

03silverEP
07-15-2004, 10:54 AM
PIAA superplasma's, purple looking

skooba
07-15-2004, 04:08 PM
Stock bulbs.
They are bright enough and not ricey.

Save up for real hid setup.
Buying some cheap bulbs and replacing every 2 weeks is stupid.

agreed.

siver-SI
07-15-2004, 04:38 PM
I am shocked I bought some cheap 4000K APC ones at NAPA (did not know they were APC when I ordered them found out after I bought them when they gave them to me). Right now I have had them for abotu 4 months with no problems. I am shocked for how cheap they were.

SubliminalSi
07-15-2004, 05:50 PM
I also have the super plasma and piaa led lights in the corner. i like both of them and nothing has burned out, but i hope they do soon cuz mine came with a one year warrenty to be replaced if they burn out, which would be awesome

audomatik
07-17-2004, 03:59 PM
i've had my car for just a few days over a year and am on my second pair of sylvania silverstars. i got my first pair within a week of owning my car. they are bright enough but i want an HID kit from xenondepot.com

Heitzke
07-17-2004, 05:43 PM
I got a set of the Sylvania Silverstars. They're brighter than stock, and i've had them for over 8 months now ( still going strong ). I'd say it was a decent investment.

DoMahMeGok
07-17-2004, 06:22 PM
I use to run those cheap bulbs, but one would always go out after a few months. After switching three pairs of them, I decided to just save up and get HID's. I havent had a problem with them and they are bright as hell. The HID bulbs are suppose to last the life of the vehicle due to no filament burning out or breaking off from potholes. My reccommendation is to just save up and get some hid's. Also the hid's use a lower amperage or voltage, and that annoying headlight flicker when you close the windows is gone. well worth it in my opinion.
oh to answer your question I use to just run those $20shipped bulbs off ebay, probably why they broke so often.