PDA

View Full Version : I keep loosing my control arm nuts!

YooShin
07-15-2004, 10:49 AM
Anybody else having trouble w/ the lower control arm nuts? I keep loosing one on the pasanger side and I don't know why. I caught the first one when I was rotating my tires over the July 4th weekend. Perhaps I didn't have it torqued to spec when I installed my springs. Right now I have a bare bolt on the bottom w/ no nut and and a cross threaded 5/8s on the top one :shockm: This is to ghetto fabulous even for me :winkm: . I can't find any shop or hardware store that sells the right size nut. I've tried M-10 thru 16 and none are quite the right size w/ the 14 being the closest. It seems to be a Honda specific size falling somewhere between 14 and 16mm. I'm leaving the Honda dealer as the last resort since I know they'll charge me $$$$$$ for a damn nut and bolt. Or even worse, they'll want me to bring the car in so they "can take a look at" what exactly I'm talking about and give me jive talk about being lowered and voiding my warranty. And yes, I did a search on this site, K-series, 6th gen and a couple others before posting the hread :winkm: .

seandwd
07-15-2004, 01:29 PM
Just go to the dealer and tell them what nut and bolt you need. I know I've seen a diagram on here where you can find the part number of anything on the car. If you got the part number you could just go to the dealer with that.

YooShin
07-15-2004, 01:44 PM
Just go to the dealer and tell them what nut and bolt you need. I know I've seen a diagram on here where you can find the part number of anything on the car. If you got the part number you could just go to the dealer with that.

Called around and none of the dealers in the area have them. Prices are 47.99 for the bolt and $6.43 the nut if ordered.

seandwd
07-15-2004, 01:56 PM
Damn...that sucks. Can they tell you the size of the nut and bolt? If you had the size, a hardware store would be much cheaper I bet. Good luck, sorry I wasn't much help.

YooShin
07-15-2004, 02:57 PM
Damn...that sucks. Can they tell you the size of the nut and bolt? If you had the size, a hardware store would be much cheaper I bet. Good luck, sorry I wasn't much help.
Tried the hardware stores to. Saw some nuts that might work but still need to replace one of the bolts. The sizes that the dealer gave me were 16x62 for the bolt and 16M 1.5 flanged nut. I got to figure something out quick. I got a road trip this Saturday morning. I'm trying to get my buddy to lend me he Evo for the day but he's a little reluctant in doing so.