PDA

View Full Version : WHAT SHOULD I DO? PLEASE help.

02blksi
11-03-2002, 07:34 PM
I have a delima of some sorts. Im torn between buying one of the two. since it is winter time now i have the chance to buy a set of gc's for 220. either that or buy a AEM CAI for 220 shipped OVERNIGHT. what would you do.

GC's
pros:
gc great price
need them for my rims

cons:
winter time so i cant use them till next spring.
pretty pricey for springs

AEM CAI:
pros:
decent price, like the fact that it is overnighted for that price.
i can use it year round.
supposed better gains than my SRI (home made)

cons:
I dont really want to ruin a new filter element from road salt, so i prolly would uninstall it for the winter months.
$$$ for an intake when i made my own SRI for 10 bucks

WHAT would you guys say i do? thanks --joe.:)

NamingException
11-03-2002, 07:42 PM
Sounds like you don't really want either of them right now. Why don't you get something else?

The filter on the CAI shouldn't see much in the way of salt, should it? I mean yeah, it's in the wheel well, but there's a piece of plastic between it and the road.

I'd get a header probably. You've got an intake system that you like already. You've got all winter to save up for the springs if you're going to wait to install them anyway.

02blksi
11-03-2002, 07:47 PM
your kinda right about not really wanting/needing any of them right now. But i wouldnt mind having either, The Gc's are a great price and the Aem CAI appeals to me cause its the cheapest i have seen it go for, BUT you are right im happy with my 10 dollar SRI. It worked on the dyno and saved me a shit load of cash. As far as the header i already bought one and im awaiting delivery, (hp). Soooo, im stuck no with this decision. I want to buy another mod for my car and its going to be one of the above, what one would you go with? thanks again -- joe:)

Gibhunter
11-03-2002, 07:53 PM
Save up for Hondata. You already have a third of the money, so another $400 shouldn't be that hard. Or maybe a set of bigger rims? $220 for CAI is not a bad price, but you already have a proven SRI so why mess with that? If you absolutely must spend money on something thugh, get the GC as Si looks cool dropped:)

02blksi
11-03-2002, 07:59 PM
hahaha...

I already have rims (slipstreams 15inch in flat black sitting right next to me in their boxes right now)
Hondata hasnt even released anything for the SI yet. Soooo
Your right about my low buck SRI - But i want something that will also net the same gains/results with the hood down LOL!!!!:)

And i agree with you on the Gc's SI's look great dropped.

Still confused --Joe

anyone else help me? LOL :)

B18CXr
11-03-2002, 08:37 PM
the only reason one should install larger "rimz" is to make room for larger brakes...

02blksi
11-03-2002, 08:45 PM
"the only reason one should install larger "rimz" is to make room for larger brakes..."

HAHAHA .... notice i edited my post to include the size of RIMZ i have. ahahaha...

so jack, what would you do? enlighten me please? --BTW tomorrow ill be getting things squared away with your midpipe. --joe :)

02SilverSiHB
11-03-2002, 09:41 PM
get the cai, didn't cleanblacksi get rid of his gc's because they sucked?

D16Y8_Turbo
11-04-2002, 11:37 AM
Get the AEM. The sound of the AEM will keep you grinning all winter long.

02SilverSiHB, do you have any pics of your EX?

ep3guy
11-04-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by 02SilverSiHB
get the cai, didn't cleanblacksi get rid of his gc's because they sucked?

i think he had the wrong set.

02SilverSiHB
11-04-2002, 12:56 PM
Originally posted by D16Y8_Turbo
Get the AEM. The sound of the AEM will keep you grinning all winter long.

02SilverSiHB, do you have any pics of your EX?
only one that was before I lowered it more: