PDA

View Full Version : Questions about New Hood

EViLsneakyDUCK
07-15-2004, 06:35 PM
Yesterday I had a post on a huge dent on my hood. Today, the Dent Wizard said they wouldnt be able to fix it without it looking kinda warped. So now I have to get a new hood. My dealership down by home said the hood costs $326.50. I was wondering if anyone knows how much money labor and painting would cost for the hood. I need to know how much the estimates should be before I decide to claim insurance or not. Only reason I'm asking is that I wont be able to go down to my dealer down in South FL for another 2 weeks and I HATE Orlando dealerships. I know alot of you will say to get a CF hood, but my parents dont want me doing anything to the car yet.

Pics (not 56k safe) (http://www.geocities.com/mastaflex8)

ep3_civic_si
07-15-2004, 06:49 PM
damn that's a huge ass dent! looks like u ran someone over :D j/p but is it was me..i would skip the hassel and u already know what i'mma say..carbon fiber baby! that's my choise. i dont like the hassel of going through insurance and everything cuzz it MIGHT raise ur insurance rates from what i've heard not sure if it's true but yeah that's what i heard that it might raise it..but if i were u. i would get a c/f hood sorry :D

siver-SI
07-15-2004, 06:53 PM
CF would be the way to go because it would be cheaper and no painting.

beechstreet
07-15-2004, 07:03 PM
CF would be the way to go because it would be cheaper and no painting.
yup yup yup! :D

aRz
07-15-2004, 07:10 PM
you can put on and take off a hood in 5 mins...4 bolts. so labor wouldnt really be an issue and i agree Carbon fiber would be the way to go.

Peking
07-15-2004, 08:14 PM
you can put on and take off a hood in 5 mins...4 bolts. so labor wouldnt really be an issue and i agree Carbon fiber would be the way to go.

Yeah, but like one more minute and you can hook up the washer lines and nozzles :D Very easy to do on your own, well you should get another person to help you hold it.