PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Seats - SRS issues? HELP!

pedzola
07-15-2004, 07:03 PM
Hey everyone...

I need some guidance. Hopefully someone can help me out. I've been lookin around EPHatch, askin around... can't seem to get a clear and concise answer.

I'm getting some new seats (JDM ITR Recaros) and I need to know what I am going to need to know regarding the SRS system in the car, etc.

I've seen a thread in which Raiyo was unable to use capacitors to fake out the sensor, and I've talked to ep_nezay who said that retaining my stock seat belt clips will solve the problem.

Can anyone offer any insight here? I'm actually swapping my stock seats for these, so whether or not I need the clips is going to be a big deal... I'm pretty sure Type-X is going to want those... but I don't want to do somethin bad to my SRS system.

One important question I have is... does the system shut down when the light is off? In other words, if the seatbelt sensors are not connected, will the main airbags fail to fire in an accident, or are they on a "different circuit" so to speak?

My stock seats do not have side airbags. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!! THANKS!!

raiyo
07-16-2004, 09:27 PM
When the SRS light is lite, your SRS system is disable. That means, it will not deploy. I tried to use some resistors to make the SRS light go off. as you already know, it failed.

So you are swapping the seats? Any way u can keep your stock buckles? If not, live without till you can buy a set from somewhere, just not the dealer. It cost around 3 bills or so for the pair from the dealer.