PDA

View Full Version : Toda Cams n Boost...Tuneable?

jay_si
07-16-2004, 12:56 PM
Is it possible to add the Toda Engine Kit to a K20a2 head and then have it tune to be able to run a turbo efficently..?
the way i was thinking, the toda engine kit already comes with an ecu tuning...and with a new turbo kit...the ecu will have to be tune once again. Wouldn't this effect effiecency of the parts added to motor..?

Silverstreak
07-16-2004, 01:26 PM
That would be one mean setup if you could get it tuned right. I would think that the toda cams would be a little to aggressive for the turbo, but I don't know that much ;)

mrfixit687
07-16-2004, 05:17 PM
toda cams are made for n/a with lots of valve overlap, thats not good for a forced induction vehicle, because you're just pushing all that pressurized air out the exhaust and not keeping it in the combustion chamber

jay_si
07-17-2004, 02:46 AM
yea...that what i heard..about toda...that they're a good company if you want to go n/a.....and that got me questioning about putting the cams n turbo together....thanks for the info..
so...it would be best just to swap JDM Type R cams...(i heard that they're pretty agressive too...but no where as mean as the toda's)....if i wanted to F/I..huh?

mrfixit687
07-17-2004, 08:10 AM
no your stock cams would be the best.... if you want to put in new cams that bad have a company make you a custom turbo cam with lots of lift and short overlap

jay_si
07-17-2004, 11:04 AM
thanks for the advice man..

rsxmachine
07-18-2004, 08:00 AM
TODA says it can be done with the Spec-A cams, however it won't necessarily be optimal -- when this was tried with the JRSC, ~2 psi was lost due to the duration overlap.

Crower is coming out with cams for the A2 specifically designed for FI.

jay_si
07-18-2004, 11:27 AM
Is it possible since the k20's..come with VTC, tune the cams to switch over to different angles, so that you can achieve less overlapping and still have the same lift.